No announcement yet.

Can I put bigger tires on my Zero Turn?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I put bigger tires on my Zero Turn?

I have 20x8x8 tires can I upgrade to wider tires? Do I need different wheels? Thanks.

I have 20x8x8 tires can I upgrade to wider tires? Do I need different wheels? Thanks.
    you might be able to do a x9 but your going to have to check your inside clearances
    Colton
    Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

What would be your reasoning behind that? What about your current tire size are you unhappy with?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I don't feel the width of the present tires is enough. I want more width for better stability on slopes. I know, I should have chosen the larger wheel package when I purchased, but oh well. just wondered.

Comment

Did you get a chance to look and see what different tire packages they offer? Or are you looking to just add on some after market wheels?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

If you are looking for stability I wonder if you could simply put wheel spacers on, we run these on the smaller JD 2305 tractor/loader for stability. I believe they are around 2" thick and the difference in stability is simply shocking.
            Attached Files
            Andy
            Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

With those spacers, is their only purpose to spread out your footprint two inches on each side? Or do these allow you to to add another wheel side by side, like a dually?

Comment

With those spacers, is their only purpose to spread out your footprint two inches on each side? Or do these allow you to to add another wheel side by side, like a dually?
                Pushes your tires out which gives you amazing increases in stability and a lot cheaper than buying tires/rims.
                Andy
                Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Very interesting!

D&K, keep us posted on what you decide to go with.

Comment

will do Steve. Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Working...
                    X