Anybody got Snow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got Snow

what's up boys, I am looking at a forecast with snow in it. Dammit!! We are still waiting on the leaves to fall. A lot of the trees still have green leaves on them, witch is unusual for this time of year.
    I am sure that we aren't going to get dumped on, but I would rather be ready for it. So I am taking the 2305 off the fall clean up's, I am going to take off the blower for now and put the blade on.
    Anybody else in this boat with me?
    Attached Files

what's up boys, I am looking at a forecast with snow in it. Dammit!! We are still waiting on the leaves to fall. A lot of the trees still have green leaves on them, witch is unusual for this time of year.
    I am sure that we aren't going to get dumped on, but I would rather be ready for it. So I am taking the 2305 off the fall clean up's, I am going to take off the blower for now and put the blade on.
    Anybody else in this boat with me?

No snow here, but you wouldn't know it to hear the forecaster on the six o'clock news... why all the talk about possible snowfall 100 miles from here is beyond me. Oh yeah... ratings, that's why.

And damn, that's a nice setup.

Comment

No snow in the forecast which is very rare for us, temps are just amazing and I hope they continue, as for leaves, it's been a fall like I have never seen, hardly any leaves down, our leaves would generally have fallen by now especially with the winds we get.
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Holy Crap! That thing is going to eat any snow in it's path! WOW!

What is the benefit of a snow blower attachment vs a plow? Is it better for lighter or heavier snow or what?

Also, NOAA released this information about the upcoming winter.

The winter temperature image caption said "This map shows NOAA's temperature probabilities for December through February. For example, much of the South is predicted to have a greater than 50 percent chance of being warmer than normal this winter."
        Attached Files
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Holy Crap! That thing is going to eat any snow in it's path! WOW!

What is the benefit of a snow blower attachment vs a plow? Is it better for lighter or heavier snow or what?

Also, NOAA released this information about the upcoming winter.

The winter temperature image caption said "This map shows NOAA's temperature probabilities for December through February. For example, much of the South is predicted to have a greater than 50 percent chance of being warmer than normal this winter."
          The benefit of a blower over a plow is in heavy drifting snow, a plow will move heavy snow but with heavy and drifting snow you only have to make one pass with the blower.
          I live in the foot hills of the Rocky's we havent had a good winter for some time, I am looking at buying the broom for light snows for the warm winter that NOAA is forecasting.
          On the personal front the warm fall is making elk hunting hard as well. Here are a few pic of where i hunt.
          Attached Files

Comment

That looks like a lot of fun!

Is that a mule? How do you use them in Elk Hunting? Have you ever gotten an Elk before?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

With all the gunfire along the Texas border.... Of course it will be warmer down there.... LOL

Nice machine.....

Look for water holes this time of year as the rut will heat up the bulls and they will have to cool down several times during the day.
              Pat

Comment

That looks like a lot of fun!

Is that a mule? How do you use them in Elk Hunting? Have you ever gotten an Elk before?
                Yep that is a mule, i use them to pack my camp into the MT. My camp is five hours from the closest road. I have one elk under my belt. It was three years a go. Would love to show you guys a pic but I will have to have my wife down load it from our external hard drive. Our PC crashed this summer and we lost a lot of pic's.

Comment

With all the gunfire along the Texas border.... Of course it will be warmer down there.... LOL

Nice machine.....

Look for water holes this time of year as the rut will heat up the bulls and they will have to cool down several times during the day.
                  Thanks man , the rut up here starts in September and ends about the middle of October. I love being up there. At night siting in the tent around the stove swapping stories. At times I feel like I was born 150 years to late. Would love to be a mountain man.

Comment

At times I feel like I was born 150 years to late. Would love to be a mountain man.
                    You are not the only one on that!
                    Pat

Comment

That is fascinating! When you go out on your hunt, how many people do you go with? Is there a reason you use mules over a 4 wheeler?

How long do you stay out when you hunt?

Comment

Is there a reason you use mules over a 4 wheeler?
                        It's Wyoming...... No gas stations. Mules don't break down. Quieter. pack a lot more in..... You can only ride one 4 atv but you can take several mules.

Besides a lot of places you can not use an ATV off road.

If you get lost you can EAT your mule.... LOL

B2 will probably come up with more but these are a few quick ones I could think of.

Take ATV, Wife/GF wants to go. Take a Mule they stay home.... Made this one up.
                        Pat

Comment

That is fascinating! When you go out on your hunt, how many people do you go with? Is there a reason you use mules over a 4 wheeler?

How long do you stay out when you hunt?
                          most of the time there are three of us, You cant take a 4 wheeler where i hunt. It's to ruff and its in the wilderness. I use mules over horses because they can pack more and eat less and for the most part out work a horse. Until this year I would take the hole month off, and stay up there the hole time.
                          One time this summer my wife and I were at camp, It was about ten pm. One of my dogs was out running around an started to bark. I called to the tent, that's when I heard what sounded like riders coming down the trail. I shouted to let them know we were there. IT was late for rides to becoming down the trail. I got a very eerie reply. IT sounded like someone who was hurt. I shouted once more. this time the reply was very close and in some down timber just to the north of camp. At this point i was scared, I pulled out my 45 and popped off three rounds. No good it kept coming!! I had my head lamp on and now I pulled out the lantern so that i could light up the area where i had the mules. I wanted to be able to see them. As i did so my wife screamed there it is. It was a cub that looked like it had just been kicked off the tit. Up a tree he went.
                          60 yards from the tent. He sat there all night let out the most eerie cry. At some point during the night he came down and went away.

Comment

We got snow today, it didn't stick it was to warm If it snow to night it might stick to the grass. (****) I had all hands on deck to day raking and picking up leaves. I ment to take pic to show you guys . I will tomorrow, we still have a lot of trees that wont drop there leaves. this sure is a strange fall.

Comment

That sounds like a real freaky story! At any point were you concerned it was a bear? Could your pistol have stopped it if you needed too? Or what would you have done if you found yourself confronted like that?

Was it a concern at all with the cub up in the tree that night? Might the mother come looking for it?

Comment

Working...
                              X