Bought some tires for the pick up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought some tires for the pick up

well i spent a $ 1000 on new pickup tires. That stinks but with snow about to fly i needed them. I could have bought some cheap ones but i feel tires are like equipment you get what you pay for.
    Last edited by B-2 Lawncare; 09-22-2010, 09:09 PM. Reason: misspelled words

Heck, even the "cheap", off-brand tires are expensive these days. I have a set of Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos that need replacing to pass inspection in a few weeks, and since money is tight, I priced some of the cheap tires, and found that I would only save about $80. (on 4)
    When I considered how poorly the no-name tires handled on snow/ice and how quickly they wore out (I had a set prior to the Bridgestones), it was a no-brainer - buy the quality tires again.

Comment

Heck, even the "cheap", off-brand tires are expensive these days. I have a set of Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos that need replacing to pass inspection in a few weeks, and since money is tight, I priced some of the cheap tires, and found that I would only save about $80. (on 4)
      When I considered how poorly the no-name tires handled on snow/ice and how quickly they wore out (I had a set prior to the Bridgestones), it was a no-brainer - buy the quality tires again.
      Ouch.... in and out little over $700. 4 BF Goodrich Commercial All Season. Obviously I wasnt looking into snow being Im in the middle of the desert but there has to to be a better deal then $1000 plus. I had to work for it to be $700. Discount Tire beat Costco's price. plus waited for the tires to have a rebate. so what should have been $800+ dropped $100.

Plus worked out a deal for my bro to buy my old tires off me. Did want the load range "c" that were on there.
      Colton
      Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

I bought the cooper A.T. they are supposed to be 50,000 miles tires. I guess we will see. I pull a mule trailer to the Mt every other weekend. and a little off roading . I had some pro comps and they were great but i didn't get that many miles out of them. I also asked about some tire chains for my 2305 and they were about $15 more than what john dreere wants.

Comment

Has anyone priced their tires on tirerack.com ? Were they cheaper on there?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I've priced two specific tires there, and they do have good prices, even after factoring in shipping - BUT, a local "mom and pop" tire place was able to match and/or beat them by a small amount, and I prefer to shop locally.

Anyone who buys from a place like NTB or Sears (same thing), or any of the large chains gets bent over and screwed good - whether they know it or not. "Buy 3 get 1 free" my a$$.

Comment

I think it varies tire to tire. But for what I was looking for tirerack had good prices but after shipping was more expensive. My buddy saved a lot of money buying his tires on tirerack for his mustang though.
              Colton
              Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X