C Cadet blades disengage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C Cadet blades disengage

My 33" walk behind has developed a problem of the blades disengaging in medium grass. I bought the unit used a few months ago. It's a 2009 year model, but didn't come with the owners manual. Having a problem finding info on these mowers with that problem. Other than that, I havent had minutes problem out of it. Any ideas of what may be the problem?
    Last edited by mhatkins; 07-10-2010, 01:28 PM.
    1994 GMC Safari
    Ariens EZR-1742 42" ZTR
    Cub Cadet 33" WB
    Echo SRM-210 trimmer
    Echo BP blower
    Stihl BR-600 Backpack Blower
    Shindaiwa LE263 Stick Edger
    Husqvarna 345 16" Chain Saw
    Ryobi Pole Hedge Trimmer
    5x8 Open bed trailer

Edward Hunter Yardworks
    edwardhunteryardworks.com
    edwardhunteryardworks@gmail.com
    Powhatan Virginia

It could be several things. Do you know what model it is? Is it a manual lever clutch or a electronic clutch?

Comment

Is it disengaging or bogging down when you are cutting medium grass compared to short grass? Do you have a mulching kit on it or just side discharge? If you are cutting in medium grass and it starts to disengage can you push down on the levers/handles to lift the front end up off the ground and keep it engaged? If you just bought it take it back and have them look at it to find the problem. I assume that you have at least a 90 day warranty on it?

One who can help is Eli (Superior Power Equipment).

Good luck and keep us posted.

John

Comment

I bought it used off craigslist. I can push on the handles and the blades will keep going. It only has a side discharge. Not exactly sure of the model. It the 33" Timesaver wb mower.
        1994 GMC Safari
        Ariens EZR-1742 42" ZTR
        Cub Cadet 33" WB
        Echo SRM-210 trimmer
        Echo BP blower
        Stihl BR-600 Backpack Blower
        Shindaiwa LE263 Stick Edger
        Husqvarna 345 16" Chain Saw
        Ryobi Pole Hedge Trimmer
        5x8 Open bed trailer

Edward Hunter Yardworks
        edwardhunteryardworks.com
        edwardhunteryardworks@gmail.com
        Powhatan Virginia

Comment

Will it stay engaged and cut on normal length grass, say 3-4 inches? Can you raise the height of the deck? Is there any build up of grass underneath the deck? Are the belts in good shape or worn?

Comment

Working...
          X