Older Ferris Questions..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older Ferris Questions..

I picked up an older DD52KA the other day. It has a bad motor but it comes with a way newer 17 horse kawi. Is it okay to put the 17 horse kawi motor in place of the 14 horse? I dont wanna ruin the pumps or whatnot. And I also need to know what kind of hydrostatic fluid to use because the resevoirs are quite low. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yep should be be just fine, as far as the pumps go ferris have low pressure hydro pumps so they should be a-ok.

Comment

what kind of hydrostatic fluid to use because the resevoirs are quite low.
      I don't know but you could go to your local dealer and find out. I'd love to hear what they have to say.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I called a local ferris dealer and they said to use DTE-26 of DTE-16

Comment

Good!

I'd love to see some pictures of your engine changing process.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

to bad U couldnt have used the mower with the 14hp engine that way U could see if the 17hp made a big difference.. I have a 17horse kawi on my howard price walk behind and its more than enought power to pull me up any hill.

Comment

I know the 14 horse is shot though.. Its coming along well, its my first motor swap on a lawnmower. The PTO and main pulley both fit on the 17 horse but the muffler and pull starter dont fit on it so im at a standstill with it. Its an FC540V, if anybody can lead me to some parts that would be great..

Comment

Did you look on ebay at all? They might have a bunch of used parts that you can use for relatively cheap.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X