No announcement yet.

Gator Blades VS. Mulching Blades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, here is a pic I found of a few different kind of blades lined up.

[IMG]http://www.elm********.com/images/blade%20choices.jpg[/IMG]

I bought my mower used and it came with blades that look similar to #3, #4, & #5. What do you call this kind of blade?

#7 are the blades that I bought at the start of last season. #6 are the blades that I bought near the end of the growing season. Does anyone know the respective name of these two blades? Also, has anyone used both, and, if so, have you noticed a different performance and/or result?

I'm eager to hear responses.
    OK..Ive been gone for awhile and niow Im back... With years of experience behind me..I will tell you the blade difference..

#3,4 and 5 are called High Lifts..They come on most new mowers..They provide the most vacume out of all the blades..

The Gators are just a different kind of mulching blade..Most guys put these on during the fall to help mulch up all the leaves..I dont like them because they tend to leave alot of clumps..

The last blade is a medium lift blade..

The wavey blades in the first post are used when you have a recycle kit on your mower.. I use these the most..They cut great and are quieter then most blades..

Hope this helped.

Chad

In Memory of My Dad..1943-2008..Gary "Snuffy" Smith

Comment

The wavey blades in the first post are used when you have a recycle kit on your mower.. I use these the most..They cut great and are quieter then most blades..
      So you use these blades mostly throughout the year and then what do you use in the fall to collect the leaves?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

We dont have the big mess of leaves down here, unless the property has alot of trees around..Which in my area most homes are loaded with palm trees, or trees that dont drop too may leaves..

Comment

that dont drop too may leaves..
          In such situations, how important is it to utilize a recycling kit on your mower?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I dont run a full recycle kit on my mower... I just use the OCDC I built..I mainly only recycle in small yards that have alot of flower beds.. Other then that, I leave it open..The blades cut the grass up pretty fine with the OCDC up/open..

Comment

I just use the OCDC I built.
              What is that? Can we see it?

Comment

steve this is a ocdc

this is a ocdc http://thedirectorocdc.com/Benefits/ i was going to have one made for my Deere 757 instead i use a old license plate and a bungee cord i know sounds ghetto but it works

Comment

Working...
                X