Yardman SC 5 carb gasket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yardman SC 5 carb gasket

I have a Yardman SC 5 chipper/shredder that had carb problems. I worked on the carb but now I cant find a gasket for it. I am not sure the year it was built but its not that old. I need the gasket that goes between the carb and gas tank. Any advice? Thanks in advance.
    White Company

its most likely a Briggs and Stratton engine if the carb mounts to the tank. Locate the Model, Type, and Code #s on the engine rewind shroud and take those #s to your local small engine shop to get a new gasket. If you can't find the #s, take the entire machine there and they should be able to determine the #s from there.

The gasket should cost only a a buck or two.

Good luck,
    Eli

Comment

its most likely a Briggs and Stratton engine if the carb mounts to the tank. Locate the Model, Type, and Code #s on the engine rewind shroud and take those #s to your local small engine shop to get a new gasket. If you can't find the #s, take the entire machine there and they should be able to determine the #s from there.

The gasket should cost only a a buck or two.

Good luck,
      Eli
      Been there done that. According to them the numbers will not crossrefrence with there computers so they have no clue. It is a 5HP B&S Engine BTW.
      White Company

Comment

do you have a pic? if so, I can probably tell you the part #..... I would need a pic of the top of the tank AND the bottom of the carb. heck, through in a pic of the engine in general.

Eli

Comment

Pictures attached.
          Attached Files
          White Company

Comment

Ask for part # 272996 aka 272410 aka 271928...... Any of these #s should get you the right gasket. Expect to pay no more than about $1.50 at the most. Maybe considerably less. If nothing else, I can mail one to you for probably $1.50, postage included (I can't be certain until I know your zip code).

Comment

If worst comes to worst, couldnt you just cut out a gasket from a flat piece and use that?
              Attached Files
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Steve I tried to cut one but the gasket is so intricate its nearly impossible. Add to that the pick up tube wont come off leaving it impossible to get a flat surface to trace out. I am sure with enough patients it can be done but I don't have that kind of patients.

My zip code is 95640
                White Company

Comment

Ok, I was incorrect on the price but still I can mail it to you for $2.25, total cost. It is up to you if you want to mail me the money or do it through paypal. However, if we do paypal I would need to add the transaction fee to the $2.25 tho, which from my understanding, the fees will amount to $0.37 on that amount which is still cheaper than a stamp. Let me know if you want to do it or not.

Thanks,
                  Eli

Comment

WOW I am not trying to be cheap but .37 for a 2.25 transaction is horable. Are you sure that's correct? I thought it was like %2 they charge which should be like .05. Let me see if I can find it locally and I will get back to you. In the mean time maybe you can check into that paypal fee.
                    White Company

Comment

WOW I am not trying to be cheap but .37 for a 2.25 transaction is horable. Are you sure that's correct? I thought it was like %2 they charge which should be like .05. Let me see if I can find it locally and I will get back to you. In the mean time maybe you can check into that paypal fee.
                      what I found was that the % fee was 1.9%-2.9% but then there was a $0.30 on top of that no matter how much the total was.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c...y-fees-outside

oh, and don't think I am making any money on this. By this time I have spent 15-20 minutes of my time that I could only recoup with about $10-$12 additional profit... My mark up barely covers my shipping cost to me and then the shipping cost and shipping supplies to get it to you. No labor included.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X