Decorative Landscaping brick/rocks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decorative Landscaping brick/rocks

Got a question for you landscaping guys....

My church is looking to do some landscaping around the church sign. Our question is, do we need to pour a concrete footer before we set the brick down? there will be no more than about 2-3 layers of the lanscaping brick. If not on concrete, the brick will be sitting directly on virgin sod/clay.

Will the clay heave to much when it freezes (we live in Central Missouri)? its not like there will be any amount of pressure from the inside, etc...... I am pretty ignorant when it comes to matters like this.................

can anyone help me?

Thanks, Eli

What kind of bricks do you plan to use? I don't know of too many people that use a footer & mortar on a landscape wall that's only a foot or 2 tall.

Comment

Do you get frost heave. If you do you need to make a base of material like sand and or crushed rock.6 to 8 inches. I do this in Canada. We get cold temps and frost for a good six to 8 months.

Anyone else do this?

Mike

Comment

What kind of bricks do you plan to use? I don't know of too many people that use a footer & mortar on a landscape wall that's only a foot or 2 tall.
        Bricks similar to the ones in the walls in this photo.....

http://www.occonstructions.com/image...Patios_640.jpg

Comment

That's what I figured you were using. I'll be honest... we don't ever deal with a frost heave here so I don't really know the proticol for that.

Comment

Thanks Folks..

Anyone closer to my same temp range? I live in Central Missouri.......

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X