No announcement yet.

Air compressor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far it sounds like winterizing a sprinkler system is just like a regular house but when I winterize a house I have to use rv/marine antifreeze as well. Is this not needed for sprinkler systems?
    Albert Kessinger

http://www.myspace.com/kcspropertyservices
    www.kessingercommercialservices.net

Comment

Is this not needed for sprinkler systems?
      I don't think it is used like that because ideally when you are done, you blow all the water out of the lines.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Type of compressor?

So I have done this a long time. I used to be a compressor snob. I continually used a tow-able 185 CFM compressor. I thought those contractors that used a smaller unit couldn't possibly dry the lines properly. Due to the skyrocketing price of rentals last year, I bought a 30 gallon 15hp gas compressor (Craig's List- $700). I mount it in the back of my truck. Big surprise this spring - no frozen lines. The most important thing about a small compressor is that it will take you twice as long to winterize a system. Always - always go through each zone twice. The second time I had to let the compressor build up air again. This year I think a second hold tank will be added. And best of all it is paid for now and blow-outs will be pure profit > fuel. By the way my record is 22 residential blow-outs in 1 day. And yes I had to drive around.

Comment

With the smaller air compressor, how does it effect the time you need to take in blowing out each zone? Did anything else differ with the use of a smaller compressor?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X