medium or fine bark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medium or fine bark

I gave a customer a supply invoice with medium grade bark on it, and she said to go ahead with it, but I feel like I never asked to see which type grade bark she wanted, should I call her and ask her, or go with the medium like is written in supply invoice?

Go with whats on the supply list. It is up to the customer to read and amend it, before work starts.

Comment

Go with whats on the supply list. It is up to the customer to read and amend it, before work starts.
      No harm in asking. I assume there is zero difference in cost between the two grades of mulch? Just give her a quick ring, it will show you are considerate and have the customer in mind.

Comment

While the above is true, it cost nothing to take the time to confirm it with the customer. You'll wish you had if the customer is unhappy with what's delivered after the fact.
        Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
        Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
        CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

You'll wish you had if the customer is unhappy with what's delivered after the fact.
          This is a non-issue because the medium mulch was agreed upon.
          We shouldn't constantly be scared of the customer being unhappy. Our jobs are to make the customer as happy as possible, but it's impossible to please everyone.

Comment

I gave a customer a supply invoice with medium grade bark on it, and she said to go ahead with it, but I feel like I never asked to see which type grade bark she wanted, should I call her and ask her, or go with the medium like is written in supply invoice?
            Very interesting question. Since you showed her in the invoice what grade it would be, I would just go with it.

Most people won't know or care that there are different grades. Those that are picky will probably tell you exactly what they want.

Sure you can get into a conversation with a customer about stuff like that, but then I'd fear they would get one grade they thought they wanted. You'd have the job done and then they would be saying 'hmmmm I think I made a mistake and want the other grade.'

Let us know which way you decide to go with.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Our jobs are to make the customer as happy as possible, but it's impossible to please everyone.
              Really? Are you sure about that? Finally someone notices that and its not just me!

Comment

You'd better double check with the customer, otherwise you are gonna look like a fool having the wrong product, and you'll be out the money for replacing it too, because if its wrong the customer isn't going to be very happy and you'll have to change something to make them happy.
                Last edited by GreenBlue; 04-08-2013, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Rule of thumb. Always do what's on to paperwork. That's what's in black and white. Any changes should be done in writing! Otherwise a sorry customer knowing you wrote medium could tell you verbally I want fine and when you lay fine say I thought you charged me for medium thatsbwhat the paper says.

I don't know how big the job is. But in bigger jobs always always always make sure what's being done is written down!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X