make life easier mulch job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make life easier mulch job

So I am somewhat new to doing mulch jobs. I have done a few the old traditional way I have a wheelbarrow, my pick up truck and trailer full of mulch, and a few young men with shovels and gloves. I proceed to haul it form spot a to b with a wheelbarrow where I dump it out and spread it. If I wanted to make the job any easier what process should I upgrade get a bark sprayer or something? and usually I dig the beds out a bit use landscape fabric and put new mulch. I just like to hear some tips from the pros, or what equipment I should upgrade first. for a 5 yard mulch job. Thanks in advance.

5 yards is still a small job you should just use wheelbarrows. If it was a bigger job you could rent a skid.

A bark blower does 100 yards a hour and has limited reach. You probably couldnt find one for less then 20 grand used.

I would look into a compact tractor like a kubota or a small skid steer. They both have several uses and you can find them for $5000-$8000. Sometimes you can even find a older garden tractor with a little bucket. You barely see these anymore and it would be useless for anything else but it would move mulch fast.

Comment

Thanks for the input, a Kubota tractor, yeah that would be nice. would eliminate the need for a wheelbarrow

Comment

If it was a bigger job you could rent a skid.
        At what size job does this become helpful? Same with the compact utility tractor?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X