Should i take on this tree job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i take on this tree job?

I got a job across town, the lady wants me to remove 9 small trees they are about 75 ft to 100 but arent too wide.Im not insured yet and I never cut a big tree down do you think its worth taking on? Should I sub it out? If so how do I go about subbing it?

I got a job across town, the lady wants me to remove 9 small trees they are about 75 ft to 100 but arent too wide.Im not insured yet and I never cut a big tree down do you think its worth taking on? Should I sub it out? If so how do I go about subbing it?

let's see, you got no insurance and you never done it before.
    the answer would be ABSOLUTELY NO.

also, if you have no insurance you might want to just recommend someone because if you sub it out and he screws up you will be just as liable as he is and actually more so because you are the contractor.

also 75' to 100' trees are not small trees regardless of how big the diameter of the trunks are.

Comment

classic!

100 ft trees small?

I doubt you could sub it besides legal reasons a tree company is going to charge big bucks for that.

Comment

Do not even think about it!

Find a tree company who will give you a finders fee. Let them bid the job.

You are at risk of everything. If you don't have insurance you don't have the money to pay to fix her house vehicle or structures on her property. When you don't pay, she will file on her insurance and the insurance company will have its lawyer on your a$$. They will attempt to take everything you have. And if you don't pay, the will put a lien on your house, vehicles, take money out of your bank account(depending on amount of settlement).

If you are willing to accept these risk, then go for it. But having never done it, I would recommend you not try. That's a lot of trees. Tree company's around here will pay $50 to $75 per tree.

Comment

And that's 50 to 75 dollars per tree for finders fee

Comment

if you have to ask if you should do it then no!!

Comment

9 trees times 100' that's 900 feet of wood your going to have to remove plus branches. Do you have a truck that big?

Comment

You shouldn't be performing ANY job on ANY property without insurance, let alone cutting 100' trees down.

Comment

No insurance=no work for you.

Classic, no insurance and wants to to tree work. This is whats worng with our industry.

Thanks Buddy!

Comment

get insured and do the job, look up how to do it. watch instructional videos, , bid accordingly, the one job will pay for your insurance for the year and more. i know last year was my first year doing alot of things, and i didnt make any profits on the job but the job paid for my chainsaw and my hedge trimmer so i thought it was a win

Comment

nah dude. You got this. be confident in yourself.
                      Just don't hit nothing.
                      When you notching the tree, and doing the backcut, just keep visualizing the fat paycheck.

Comment

Just don't hit nothing.
                        When you notching the tree, and doing the backcut, just keep visualizing the fat paycheck.
                        Sound advice. Since when is a 75 to 100 ft tree small??

Comment

Im not insured yet and I never cut a big tree down do you think its worth taking on?
                          What kind of thought process do you have going on about this job? In your mind, what are the pros and cons to doing it yourself?
                          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

First of all no insur. no can do. The one question not asked is how much room you have to drop these trees. What kind of tree are they? If you have a baseball field to drop these things in (so to speak) lay them down. 75-100 ft trees are old trees 100 years old or theyre pine trees. Cut them down only if you have experience in this and be SAFE.
                            Last edited by J SAL; 03-18-2013, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Just don't hit nothing.

i really hope you are just being sarcastic and don't mean what you say.

Comment

Working...
                              X