eh ... theres a snake in there

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eh ... theres a snake in there

Mowed an overgrown lawn yesterday and there was a very dead tree in the yard. The stump is still standing at about 15 ft and there are a few parts of it on the ground. I went to move the parts on the ground and first one there is a foot long copper head (not an adult but definitely not a baby probably 2 feet from where i put my hand to pick up the log.. I mowed all around the debris and got as close a possible with the weedeater but that guy slither away before i could move/kill him so i know hes atleast is still there. Also i was looking at the stump and it very rotten and has holes at the bottom (about 30 in around) and it looks like it could definitely be a snake den in the base off the tree/ under the ground. The client is talking about me removing the tree lol. Any advice from anyone other than telling her to have fun with that tree on her own or call someone else. Anything I could put out to drive the snakes out? (do "moth balls actually work?) I dont want to risk losing this new account by flaking out on the tree but I really dislike hospitals/ extreme pain.

Yikes! Supposedly the immature snakes inject more venom than the adults, so that makes them more dangerous.

Can you throw a cable around it and pull it down with your truck?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Can you post a photo? It would help to answer your question.
      Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
      Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
      CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

In my area, you get a fine for cutting down trees.

You need an approval from the city, and you may have to replace the tree as soon as you take it down.

I would refer her to a friend if you've got any that do that sort of work and have the proper know-how and insurance etc.

Comment

In my area, you get a fine for cutting down trees.

You need an approval from the city, and you may have to replace the tree as soon as you take it down.

I would refer her to a friend if you've got any that do that sort of work and have the proper know-how and insurance etc.
          Not the case here, its really just a big dead stump by now anyways. I need a way to get rid of these snakes is the only problem. The truck idea might be the way I get them out.

Comment

Maybe get one of those snake grabbers and remove the snakes as well What an upsell that could be

- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Maybe get one of those snake grabbers and remove the snakes as well What an upsell that could be

eh yeah, she said her husband might decide to do it himself... I think the copperheads will x that possibility out and i will definitely being making money if i do mess with this tree

Comment

LOL does your liability insurance cover usage of fire to rid a homeowner of snakes?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X