No announcement yet.

Timber!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would it have been worthwhile at all to rent a chipper for this job? Could you have used one?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Would it have been worthwhile at all to rent a chipper for this job? Could you have used one?
      It would have been nice but with the price I charged, I would have lost money.

Comment

It is interesting to think about though because it shows how as you get more equipment, you need to charge more to cover the expenses. So by running a lean and mean business, you can do the job for cheaper.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Started at 4:30 am and finished about 8:15 am. I dont know of much I would change except for maybe charge $50 or so more.
          Like some else said your low on your price.I dont do much tree work.
          That price in NH would be low.

Comment

four hours plus you hauled it off? You should have charged over $1800.00! Starting a saw at 4am...what, no noise ordinance in the area? Did you just drop it, or block it down? What type of gear did you use? Bringing a tree that size down takes education in felling to do it safely. I say you are lucky you didn't hurt yourself or someone else.

Comment

four hours plus you hauled it off? You should have charged over $1800.00! Starting a saw at 4am...what, no noise ordinance in the area? Did you just drop it, or block it down? What type of gear did you use? Bringing a tree that size down takes education in felling to do it safely. I say you are lucky you didn't hurt yourself or someone else.
              It was in a commercial area. I have cut many trees and plus having nothing even close to the "drop zone" helped.

Comment

Clay, do you find it's good to hear some price suggestions? They seem to give you a scope for what you could be potentially charging for future jobs.

Comment

I charge $500 just for dropping one IF it is in an open area. To cut that one up and haul it off would have been around $2,000

Comment

Working...
                  X