No announcement yet.

Rock bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think, the four wheeler with trailer would really save you time getting the rock from the truck to the dump spot.

The 6.3 miles to the supplier is going to end up being potentially
    (6.3 x 2) = 12.6 miles round trip. You gotta figure a half hour to get there, get the product and get back?

So each trip could be at least 30 mins X 90 trips total would be 45 hours?

WOW Is that possible? That is a full week of man hours just to go and get the stone and bring it back?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

A four wheeler or mower with trailer is larger and will cause just as much damage i believe as my 4' wide dingo. Even if you cant take a dingo onto the grounds it may still be quicker to load trailers with compared to shoveling. Save the shoveling for the guys spreading the stone in the beds.

I've been told before that I couldn't have stone sitting for any amount of time as well, but at the same time could get by with it if it was cleared by the end of the day (especially if you could save yourself and the customer hundreds to a couple thousand) If you dump it in the parking lot and then just focused on getting the outer perimeter bed first and then the others just dumping the stone to get it moved and the parking lot could be cleared by the end of the day when the residents get home. Then come back the next day to spread the stone in the beds.

Comment

my idea with the fourwheeler is exactly what fisher said .Get a load dropped early in the morning ,and shuttle the rocks with the fourwheeler untill the parking spot your rocks were in is empty .

Comment

I would think, the four wheeler with trailer would really save you time getting the rock from the truck to the dump spot.

The 6.3 miles to the supplier is going to end up being potentially
          (6.3 x 2) = 12.6 miles round trip. You gotta figure a half hour to get there, get the product and get back?

So each trip could be at least 30 mins X 90 trips total would be 45 hours?

WOW Is that possible? That is a full week of man hours just to go and get the stone and bring it back?
          WOW that is some time, crap your right steve.
          www.painelesscreations.com
          Visit us on Facebook
          http://www.facebook.com/PainelessCreations

Comment

A four wheeler or mower with trailer is larger and will cause just as much damage i believe as my 4' wide dingo. Even if you cant take a dingo onto the grounds it may still be quicker to load trailers with compared to shoveling. Save the shoveling for the guys spreading the stone in the beds.

I've been told before that I couldn't have stone sitting for any amount of time as well, but at the same time could get by with it if it was cleared by the end of the day (especially if you could save yourself and the customer hundreds to a couple thousand) If you dump it in the parking lot and then just focused on getting the outer perimeter bed first and then the others just dumping the stone to get it moved and the parking lot could be cleared by the end of the day when the residents get home. Then come back the next day to spread the stone in the beds.
            Hmm ok I think I need to look at the possibity of doing this now. you are making alot of since.... thank you
            www.painelesscreations.com
            Visit us on Facebook
            http://www.facebook.com/PainelessCreations

Comment

I am thinking the apartment complex wants to minimize the impact of the job on their residents, which is understandable, but with that minimizing comes a down side.

If you can't dump a large load of stone on site then you will need to make many trips. This will increase your costs.

So I would think, either they want to pay a higher fee for the sake of not inconveniencing their residents, or they would have to find a larger company that could dump a larger load of stone and then have the manpower to quickly move it to it's proper resting place.

Keep us posted on what you decide to do.
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
              X