Removal of Grass from Lake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal of Grass from Lake

I am doing a job this week to remove grass from a lake, from a short research I am guessing it is Maidencain, Torpedo grass, or American cupscale grass. The roots are about 3-5 inches into the sand and run fairly long horizontally. I was wondering if any of you knew a way faster than hand pulling the roots out. We are simply digging our fingers into the sand, finding a root and pulling it up, trying to not break just alittle piece off. I have spent one day on this so far and was unable to find a way to make this job less tedious and time-consuming. The roots seem to be everywhere burried below the sand. There is barely a little muck and seaweed, and a few lilly pads as well. I have no problem getting the mucky seaweed up with a rake, but the rake only snaps the grass off it's roots, which I must get as well. Thanks!
    -Brent (first post)

What about a potato rake?
    Pat

Comment

Thanks, I already tried one, it pretty much was tearing through the roots without bringing them to the surface, and the head of it ending up snapping off do to thickness/pressure of going through the sand.

Comment

Not really an answer but a word of caution, did you check with authorities to ensure you are allowed to actually remove it? Where I live, I would need a permit and I can tell you from experience, once again where I live as we have hundreds of lakes around the city, they would not issue one to remove Grass, Cat Tails or Lilly Pads.
        Andy
        Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Sorry that is all I have.

Andy you make a good point.

On another note, that potato rake is great for digging up butter clams
          Pat

Comment

What about something like this?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F9986yozlsE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F9986yozlsE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X