Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commercial Landscape Maintenance Bidding

Hey Guys,
    I'm Trying To Get Into The Commercial Landscape Maintenance Field. Does Any One Know The Basic Pricing When Bidding For Lawn Maintenance.

Comment

That really depends on your over head and more so your market. Some guy's get 100 hr while other are getting 25 hr

Comment

you do the job or I take my design and go about my business.
        Do clients ever ask to hold on to your design to 'think about it.' But what they really want to do is to take the design and shop it around for the best price?

Whats the best way to deal with this?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Not untill this year. I had one client that did me something like that. They did'nt shop around or even use it but they did plant their own plants. Now I charge for the design and then deduct that from the bill at completion. That way I get paid for the design any way it goes

Comment

Do customers ever have an issue with this when it is explained to them as part of the process?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Not so far. The reality is that a cert landscape designer is gonna charge a few grand for the same design. So the truth is, they dont have much room to complain. They can see the design for free. I have no problem doing the work for free because you just add it to your book of things you've designed. But I give a copy of the design with the bid. Eash plant has it's own color and a small side list with the color and plant name that I recomened. Then a few options that could replace each plant for ideas. That way the cclient can look over every thing and know what their looking at before they decide.

So if they look at it and just know they dont like it, no need fo any money. But if they think they might like it or just want to think about changes I make them a copy and a bid. Then I need some money.

Comment

So normally you wouldn't need billing information from them before you presented them with a design to review? Like asking them for a credit card in return for allowing them to look at the design?

Comment

All I need is a budget and a conversation to do the design. If when I show it to them they simply say lets do it then no charge at all. But if they want to keep a copy for any reason I need some money. Because at that point any one can do the work.

Comment

I think that is a great way to handle the situation.

Comment

Working...
                    X