pond installation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pond installation

So I'm reading up on how to install ponds. I am probably put one in my yard just to say Ive done one before. What would you charge someone who wanted pond installation. EX: they want a 10' radius circular pond, with natural stone around the edge. no fish no plants.

One of our fellow forum members, Andy aka picframer, recently excavated a couple of ponds. I bet he could offer quite a bit of advice on this topic.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

So I'm reading up on how to install ponds. I am probably put one in my yard just to say Ive done one before. What would you charge someone who wanted pond installation. EX: they want a 10' radius circular pond, with natural stone around the edge. no fish no plants.
      We have now completed 7 ponds ranging from a 10 foot round, 3 feet unit to a pretty extensive one that was 12 feet across and 30 feet long almost 6 feet deep, we also did a couple of really small ones for a day care, they were inserts.

We charge a straight $115.00 an hour for the excavator, $65.00 an hour to put the insert in which doesn't take long, 2 hour min on excavation and one hour min on the insert.

One we did has running water from a lake, ut was quite a project as we had to dig a trench for the pipe, I plumbed it as it was pretty simple and they had an electrician come in and run the electrical.

There seems to be some demand for these, I haven't advertised yet, it's been word of mouth.

If you have to rent a mini excavator or backhoe, include that as an out of pocket expense, in your case a 10 foot would take about 45 min to dig, 45 min to level out the fill, roll and seed.
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
      X