Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Commercial Job! (Small!) NEED HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Commercial Job! (Small!) NEED HELP!

I NEED HELP!!!

This is my first commercial bid

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&amp;client=firefox-a&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;q=printpack,+bloomington,+in&amp ;fb=1&amp;split=1&amp;gl=us&amp;cid=27153982700111 33887&amp;ei=eM5dSr6ADIawNrusta4C&amp;ll=39.171983 ,-86.583005&amp;spn=0.006295,0.006295&amp;t=h&amp;iw loc=A&amp;iwd=1&amp;dtab=0&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&amp;client=firefox-a&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;q=printpack,+bloomington,+in&amp ;fb=1&amp;split=1&amp;gl=us&amp;cid=27153982700111 33887&amp;ei=eM5dSr6ADIawNrusta4C&amp;ll=39.171983 ,-86.583005&amp;spn=0.006295,0.006295&amp;t=h&amp;iw loc=A&amp;iwd=1&amp;dtab=0&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

or

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8...A&iwd=1&dtab=0

Not that much to mow, but a lot to trim. They would like trimming, mowing, blowing, as needed broadleaf weed control, fertalization 3x per year, policing for small debris, leaf removal in the fall, trimming/pruning of bushes.

How would you charge for a whole season (28 sessions) for each of the following?

Mowing
    Trimming
    Edging
    Area Police
    Weed Control
    Fertilization
    Leaf Removal
    Shrub Care

THANKS!

P.S. It is the white building to the left of the icon, just north of W Profile Parkway

the west border is the train tracks

the east border is N Curry Pike

the north border is the gravel parking lot, just past the buidling

Comment

How would you charge for a whole season (28 sessions) for each of the following?

Mowing
      Trimming
      Edging
      Area Police
      Weed Control
      Fertilization
      Leaf Removal
      Shrub Care
      How long would each of these services take? You can figure this out by knowing the length of trimming you need to do and the area you need to mow.

Then you can experiment with the online calculators to figure out some pricing.

Give us some idea how long each service you think would take you then figure out how you would price each service. It will give others, a better way to compare their prices with yours and give you some ideas.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I have no idea on the time aspect... but here is my best shot

Mowing 30-40 min
        Trimming 20 min
        Edging 10 - 20 min
        Area Police 10 min
        Weed Control 30 min
        Fertilization 30 min
        Leaf Removal 45 - 60 min
        Shrub Care 20-30 min

Comment

Does this look off the normal path? Total property size is 6.6 acres

Mowing $1,600
          Trimming/Edging $840.00
          Area Police for Trash $280.00
          Weed Control $1,500
          Fertilization $2,000
          Leaf Removal $1,400
          Tree and Shrub Care $1,000

Total Contract Price $8620.00
          12 Monthly Payments - $718.00

Comment

Ultimately as you grow, you will get a feel for how long say 100ft of trimming will take you. How long it takes to mow a certain sized area and then all of these calculations can be scaled up or down depending on your need.

It's good to see you breaking down all the specific jobs because it gets you thinking about what will be needed and how long it will take.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to how they would price this job based on these specifics?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

No thoughts?

Comment

No thoughts?
                It's very had to estimate a job from an aerial picture. Do your best at figuring your time needed, and multiply that by how much per hour you would like to get paid. Using Steve's calculator really helps.
                Northern California

Comment

I would estimate that job the same way you did by breaking each service down.
                  Add up the time and multiply by your hourly rate.
                  I can't comment on the prices of your bid because I cant see the property and I don't know your hourly rate.

My advice would be to bid this job the same way you would bid a residential.
                  A lot of guys new to commercial lawn care think that they should charge more
                  for a commercial than a residential. You won't get or keep to many commercials with that philosphy. Know your costs, don't low ball your services and you'll be fine. As time goes on you will get a better feel for the time it takes .
                  Last edited by turfmaster; 07-19-2009, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X