Help estimating a hedge trimming job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help estimating a hedge trimming job

So this is my first time giving an estimate for a shrub/bush trimming job.

The customer wants these bushes (there are a total of about 5 of them) trimmed down to 6-7 feet.

How much would you charge?

We are not hauling away the limbs and such, he wants them to go in his burn pile out back.

Thanks!!!

Attached Files

Well I would say they will take about 30 minutes each by yourself with a power trimmer so there is 2.5 man hours, plus fuel to get there, equipment usage. Depending on your hourly rate that you charge.... I'm guessing $200-$250.00

Comment

Are you gonna use hedge trimmers and shape them or use your secetairs and hand prune them?

What I would charge (in Canadian Dollars)

Hedge Trimmers to shape - $90.00. If you need to rent the trimmers up the price a few dollars more and try to get more clients to share the cost.

Secetairs Hand Pruning - $180.00. Double the price and it requires more time and talent.

If I was disposing the debris I charge $25.00.

Comment

Using commercial hedge trimmers without hauling away debris I would charge about $125.00 for all 5.

TURF

Comment

Thanks a lot everyone, I decided to go with $145.00

I am getting better at estimating the lawns for mowing, but I have screwed myself quite a few times since starting this business a little over a month ago.

So far we are up to 12 clients, and one rental company for weekly lawn care services. All with three push mowers (one self propelled), one weed eater blower, one weed eater trimmer, and some misc. tools and accessories **** and a big blue pickup. Oh, and we are getting a Cub Cadet extended deck lawn tractor to use as a loan from my grandfather who no longer needs it. We are also have a trailer that is on loan from the dad.

I am projecting within the next few weeks or 1.5 months, we should have enough saved up for a walk behind sulke type mower, or a ZTR.

We will see, it all depends on that right price.

Not too bad (I think) for a little P/T business venture for a 23 year old and his fiance's brother.

Comment

Kurt,

Good Job in your endeavors so far, next you know you'll be full time.

I think that the prices are right in line with what to charge, but a word of advice. You need to figure out what you want to make an hour on these kinds of jobs, may it be for yourself and/or with a worker or two. When you come upon a job like trimming hedges, bushes, planting flowers, re-doing beds, pressure washing, trimming or cutting down trees, weeding ect., you are set in your mind with the price you need to make a hour to complete these jobs.
            Pricing lawns is a little different.

John

Comment

Working...
            X