cemetery bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cemetery bid

I need to bid a cemetery the lot size is 520,000 sq ft, trees and headstones above ground. What is the best way to bid this?
    >
    > Mow
    > Blow
    > Edge
    > weed trimming
    > weed spraying
    > fertilization
    > Trimming hedges and small trees
    >
    > 1 person
    >
    > CUB CADET® 50 IN. 24 HP* CC RZT 50VT ZERO-TURN MOWER

There was at least one post in the past that dealt with this and I can't seem to find it at the moment.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Ugh let's see if i can recall my old post

Comment

Here's what I posted from another forum

I've worked for the city where I live before and I cutted the cemetery... sometimes I would do it all by myself so I'd start with the cutting and then start on the trimmer

The way I do it (explained in the picture) is if the tombs are all in a straight line then I got in a straight line and trim in between. So if i started from the front, I'll turn around and go to the back of them and just trim in a straight line basically what's left

Comment

Here is how I would do it.

I charge $420.00 based on 1830 feet

So figure out your average price per foot for residential homes,

520,000 divided by 1830 = 284.15

284.15 multiplied by $420.00 = $119,343.00

$119,343.00
          May-October

I hope this helps!
          I have made a mistake in the past where I thought my service was based off $3900.00, my bad, it's 1830!

Comment

Scott,

How much extra would you have to charge for the trimming? I would think there would be quite a bit of it with the headstones and all.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Here is how I would do it.

I charge $420.00 based on 1830 feet

So figure out your average price per foot for residential homes,

520,000 divided by 1830 = 284.15

284.15 multiplied by $420.00 = $119,343.00

$119,343.00
              May-October

I hope this helps!
              I have made a mistake in the past where I thought my service was based off $3900.00, my bad, it's 1830!
              Interesting method for estimating. By 1830 ft I assume you mean sq.ft ?
              Where does the 520,000 come from ?

Comment

I didn't learn math in school, only in lawn service lol

Oh! Yeah that estimate is just for mowing.

Interesting method for estimating. By 1830 ft I assume you mean sq.ft ?
                Where does the 520,000 come from ?

Your right, I do mean sq.ft lol

520,000 is the sq.ft of the cometary correct? I'm not 100% sure of how I would charge for trimming, I can't even imagine how crazy it would be.

I RECOMMEND TO:

Make a sheet of all the obstacles in the cemetery. If the cemetery for example has 1000 headstones, taking you an estimated time of 7 seconds per one.

.7 multiplied by 1000 = 700 seconds total

700 divided by 60 = 11.66 minutes

If your trimmer is running for 11.66 minutes, you are using X amount of fuel. (you must figure out)

X amount of fuel used, multiplied by the number of visits to the cemetery you will be doing in total = Y

Y is your grand total of fuel used

Put a decimal before Y (your grand total of fuel used), then multiply it by the price of gasoline = Z

Z = your cost without profit

Now you can alter Z, perhaps doubling the price!

I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU!
                Last edited by CHEESE2009; 04-30-2009, 08:11 PM.

Comment

I don't think it could be a one man job.

I need to bid a cemetery the lot size is 520,000 sq ft, trees and headstones above ground. What is the best way to bid this?
                  >
                  > Mow
                  > Blow
                  > Edge
                  > weed trimming
                  > weed spraying
                  > fertilization
                  > Trimming hedges and small trees
                  >
                  > 1 person
                  >
                  > CUB CADET® 50 IN. 24 HP* CC RZT 50VT ZERO-TURN MOWER
                  I don't think this could be a one man job. Cemeterys are known for clutter (as far as mowing and trimming go. Flowers, momentos, etc. If you have to stop and move these even at every 10 headstone you are dead timewise. you have to stop tyor mower or trimer. Move the clutter. and then start again. I would hae someone to move them while you mow and then trim and re-arrange them again.

Steve

Comment

I don't think this could be a one man job. Cemeterys are known for clutter (as far as mowing and trimming go. Flowers, momentos, etc. If you have to stop and move these even at every 10 headstone you are dead timewise. you have to stop tyor mower or trimer. Move the clutter. and then start again. I would hae someone to move them while you mow and then trim and re-arrange them again.

Steve
                    It's an estimated 284 customers for me, that's a handful for one person.

56.8 lawns a day need to be maintained if your doing it every week aka 5 days.

I recommend hiring 2 guys, what equipment do you have (mowers)?

Comment

Working...
                    X