Bidding tenders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bidding tenders

Grass cutting tenders/proposals are out in my area for schools. I just sent an e-mail last week at the local school board here and they sent me a flyer (see attachment).

For those that are interested in bidding for schools, it seems to be the time to do it (well in my area anyways)

Attached Files
    Last edited by justin_time; 04-15-2009, 06:56 PM.

Oh Justin that is great.

What is your next step now?

When do you get the document and quotation form?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Today is the date to get the document so I just sent an e-mail. I have the option to bid what I want (i think)

I must submit my bid ON OR BEFORE May 1st 2009 before noon.

So yeah.. I can't wait to get my document

Comment

Oh great! keep us posted. I'd love to see how detailed they get in their description of what they want.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Oh great! keep us posted. I'd love to see how detailed they get in their description of what they want.
          Will do

Comment

Justin,

Good luck on your bidding proposal.

I know down here when trying to bid on a county lawn care contract, the document package it at least 38 pages long. It is very detailed to what they expect from you and your company. Here is our site that lets you look at the bids and what is required.

http://vcservices.vcgov.org/bidlistnet1

Qlick on Awarded bids, then go to page 2 and scroll down to you see the one
            Grounds Maintenance/Landscaping, click on the bid #, bypass log in, the 2nd file. (Sorry the whole link won't direct you.)

If you page down to the 33rd page you can see what the companies submitted.
            Look at the different prices in the proposals.

Insurance is another issue. You have to have minimums. Here is what is required from them. Costly, but it's what they want.
            The Contractor shall secure and maintain, at its sole cost and expense during the contract
            term, the following insurance:
            Commercial General Liability – in the amount of $1 million aggregate
            Liability – Auto, in the amount of $100,000/300,000.
            Workers’ Compensation – Statutory.
            Employer's Liability in the amount of $1 million per occurrence.

If you win the bid, then it could be worth a lot of money to you. Generally there are about 15 different companies that bid on county contracts. From big to little companies.

I have yet to indulge my self in this part of the landscaping business yet.

Good luck to you and keep us posted.
            Last edited by majoe7; 04-15-2009, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Do you have an account to see that information? After I click on the bid# it asks me to log in. Is there anything you can copy from there and post here so we all can see the example?

Thanks

Comment

I just got my 21 page document faxed to me. I will have a PDF for you guys..

More details to come soon

Comment

After I click on the bid# it asks me to log in.

Steve,

Just click on the bypass log in and you will get to the next page.

John

Comment

Thanks!

Holy crap is this amazing!

It's a bid sheet for the Daytona Beach International Airport.

Check out these files.

Addendum-1.pdf

Map.pdf

Tabsheet.pdf

Landscape-Grounds-for-DBIA.PDF

It's fascinating to see the different hourly rates each lawn care business owner submitted! What a range! From $14.50 an hour to $50.00 an hour!

Comment

Update on tender

Well the school board accepted my bid.

I have 3 schools on that bid. I got them all.

I have another 2 more schools to bid on another tender package then i'll be all set

Comment

Well the school board accepted my bid.

I have 3 schools on that bid. I got them all.

I have another 2 more schools to bid on another tender package then i'll be all set
                        Great for you Justin. Time to watch your bank roll get fat.

Maybe its time to hire some more crew.

Good luck.

John

Comment

Congratulations Justin!

You must be feeling on top of the world!

Comment

Congratulations Justin!

You must be feeling on top of the world!
                            I sure am feeling top of the world. Especially for a 1 man crew do these schools. It won't be easy.

Also bidding on 2 more schools for a different school board

Comment

Will you be needing any additional equipment to do these jobs? Any new machines on your wish list?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X