Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring cleanup quote

Hi,

I have a question regarding spring cleanups. What I offer for spring cleanups is cleaning out all the beds edging blowing any leaves off the property. I will rake out any snow mold if its not too big. I charge for myself $30 per hour and I figure a part-timer about 12 per hour. I just quoted a job for $200 which looks to be between 4 and 5 hours, (5 hours at the max). What is the standard rate for a spring cleanup and what is usually included? Also what do I pay someone to help?

Tom

Did you give the customer the quote on this in person?

How did they respond to it?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

The way I do it is advertise clean-ups starting at $199

For a clean-up I offer clean-up of leaves sticks, and other fallen debris.

Everything else is a separate charge

Now clean-ups for $199 tend to be on the smaller side. I charge $75 an hour for a 2 man crew, but this is what I do full time. If you're doing it on the side, then $42 seems fine.

Estimating a job cost gets simple after you establish your costs for everything.

From my experience the best way I find to bid a clean-up is estimate how many hours you think the job is going to take and multiply it by your hourly rate. say 42x5=$210 so you're pretty much right on if $42 is your rate, but I would establish some prices for edging, mulch installation, etc.

Comment

Everything else is a separate charge
        What other upsell ideas do you try and offer your customers to bump up that price?

The way I do it is advertise clean-ups starting at $199
        Do you market this in the Spring and Fall? Any thoughts on which season is better to promote this?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
        X