Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring cleanup quote

Hi,

I have a question regarding spring cleanups. What I offer for spring cleanups is cleaning out all the beds edging blowing any leaves off the property. I will rake out any snow mold if its not too big. I charge for myself $30 per hour and I figure a part-timer about 12 per hour. I just quoted a job for $200 which looks to be between 4 and 5 hours, (5 hours at the max). What is the standard rate for a spring cleanup and what is usually included? Also what do I pay someone to help?

Tom

Did you give the customer the quote on this in person?

How did they respond to it?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

The way I do it is advertise clean-ups starting at $199

For a clean-up I offer clean-up of leaves sticks, and other fallen debris.

Everything else is a separate charge

Now clean-ups for $199 tend to be on the smaller side. I charge $75 an hour for a 2 man crew, but this is what I do full time. If you're doing it on the side, then $42 seems fine.

Estimating a job cost gets simple after you establish your costs for everything.

From my experience the best way I find to bid a clean-up is estimate how many hours you think the job is going to take and multiply it by your hourly rate. say 42x5=$210 so you're pretty much right on if $42 is your rate, but I would establish some prices for edging, mulch installation, etc.

Comment

Everything else is a separate charge
        What other upsell ideas do you try and offer your customers to bump up that price?

The way I do it is advertise clean-ups starting at $199
        Do you market this in the Spring and Fall? Any thoughts on which season is better to promote this?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X