Gutter Cleaning Bid????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutter Cleaning Bid????

I have been asked by a neighbor to do a gutter cleanup. She has gutter shields in place but wants to make sure wverything is cleaned out and down spouts are good. Her house is 2200sq. and about half of the home has gutters. I do not think this job will take over 1.5 hours but have no idea what to chrge her. I have never done this for money just on my own and folks house. Any help would be appreciated

Gutter Cleaning

I have been asked by a neighbor to do a gutter cleanup. She has gutter shields in place but wants to make sure wverything is cleaned out and down spouts are good. Her house is 2200sq. and about half of the home has gutters. I do not think this job will take over 1.5 hours but have no idea what to chrge her. I have never done this for money just on my own and folks house. Any help would be appreciated
    I charge $1.00 per food for a single story and $2.00 per foot on a 2 story. For people I have lawn contracts with I do it free Spring and Fall.

I found that a 2 liter soda bottle (cut down) works well for cleaning the gutters. It's pliable enough to get down into the gutter. Take a bucket with you to but the debris in. If you just dump it on the ground, the mess is harder to clean up than the gutters are.

Comment

try not to charge by the hour for gutter cleaning...charge by the linear foot. $0.75-$1.00 per foot seems to be the going rate.

Comment

Thanks for the replys. Greatly appreciated. What is the deal with the 2 liter bottle and what does this do????

Comment

Gutter Charges

I live in Northeastern PA and I charge $1.00 per Foot
          If the gutters have trees growing out of them, then its $2.00 per foot.

By the way....it snowed here last night, and was out until 3am...tired...see ya, good luck

Comment

2 liter bottle

Thanks for the replys. Greatly appreciated. What is the deal with the 2 liter bottle and what does this do????
            I cut the top off of a 2 liter soda bottle to scoop debris out of the gutter. It is pliable enough to fit the form of the gutter and get the most debris.

On my first job, I just emptied it on the ground. It took me about 25 minutes to clean the gutters and over an hour to clean the mess from dumping the debris. It was on the walls, the ground, the windows, ect. Since I have taken a bucket to empty the debris in.

Comment

I recently did a gutter cleaning job on a guys house and charged him $175. I don't know if that is low or high but thats what it took for me to get up on his 2 story house. it only took me about an hour and a half and about 15 minutes to clean up.

Comment

hey swstout,

the first time I ever cleaned gutters, I brought a power washer and blew them all clean....when I went down the ladder it was a mess, lawn, house windows, screens, everything!!! Lets just say that those people got a free home power-washing!!! Learn from mistakes, right?

Comment

I did the job today. It was for a neighbor so I cut her a break. 70.00 for 1.5 hours. I used blower and a hose and cleaned all down spouts. She had shields on the gutters so there was little debris in them. Pretty easy job. Thanks for yall's imput on this. Its appreciated...

Comment

mulches

kind of off the subject of gutters, but how do you know the differences in mulches. between the pine straw, bark, hardwood and all the rest. and when to use what kind.

Comment

Paul you might want to make a new post for that question.

I did the job today. It was for a neighbor so I cut her a break. 70.00 for 1.5 hours. I used blower and a hose and cleaned all down spouts. She had shields on the gutters so there was little debris in them. Pretty easy job. Thanks for yall's imput on this. Its appreciated...
                      You should take pictures, before and after and use them in your marketing material and on your website!
                      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

When you all say foot do you mean per sq. foot of house or per foot of gutter??

Comment

Im pretty sure they mean by foot of gutter.
                          Northern California

Comment

When you all say foot do you mean per sq. foot of house or per foot of gutter??
                            Yes per linear ft of gutter. It's a nice a simple way to get an idea how much to charge.
                            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

gutter prices

i charge $1 per foot of gutter
                              including the downspouts, elbows, everything

Comment

Working...
                              X