Gutter Cleaning Bid????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gutter cleaning tool

I cut the top off of a 2 liter soda bottle to scoop debris out of the gutter. It is pliable enough to fit the form of the gutter and get the most debris.

On my first job, I just emptied it on the ground. It took me about 25 minutes to clean the gutters and over an hour to clean the mess from dumping the debris. It was on the walls, the ground, the windows, ect. Since I have taken a bucket to empty the debris in.
    Hi,
    I am about to do my first gutter cleaning job and my wife suggested a half gallon milk jug to dig out the leaves. I have not tried it yet, but with its square shape and a handle, I think it should work really well.
    Tim

Comment

Take some pictures and keep us posted on how all that works out for you.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

hmmm

i like the bottle idea might try that myself.

I use rubber gloves I wet the gutters first a little bit if it hasnt been raining. i usually do all my gutter's in the rain if i can. Easier that way I found. Once it's wet then. easier to get and get out. dunno. What do you guys grab a tape measurer and go from side to side? Just shout a number, nobody climbs a 2 story house. Wait till you do a 3 story apartment building.

Comment

How do you guys clean down spouts that go into the ground? Just so i know how to clean my own at the shop Joke, i some times have to clean them at customers that i cut trees over their house. I use a leaf blower, and blow it out the end, but if its already dirty.. That don't work so well.
          Last edited by Wayne909; 09-22-2009, 01:04 AM.

Comment

How about spraying the hose down the down spout?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
            X