Need help bidding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help bidding

just wondering if you could help me out, this is my first year in business and i want to bid on this commercial property. The measurement is 17,000 sq feet of grass. Also fertilizing too and there is one flower bed in the front. What type of price should i quote the job per month. Thank Lee

Welcome to our forum!

What kind of mower are you using?
    How much trimming is involved?

Also fertilizing too and there is one flower bed in the front.
    How many times will you be fertilizing and what will you need to do with the flower bed?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I have a 42" sit down ..............i pretty much have to trim the hole place...and for the flower bed de-weed it and turn it over......and fertilizing twice a year....thanks

Comment

All of this needs to be broken down into individual services and the costs figured out.

For example.

I have a 42" sit down ..............i pretty much have to trim the hole place...and for the flower bed de-weed it and turn it over......and fertilizing twice a year....thanks
        How long will it take to mow with your mower?
        How many feet of trimming do you have to do? How long will the trimming take?
        How long will it take to de-weed the flower bed and turn it over?
        How long will it take to spread the fertilizer? Have you found out how much you will need and how much that will cost you?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Need help on bidding a brush job

Hey guys can someone help me on how to bid a brush job? Being this is my first brush job?.
          It is just a tree line of brush they want cleared, no trees, total square ft is about 15000. Was thinking about renting skidsteer with brush mower or tractor. Thanks

Comment

How thick of material is this you need to remove? Is it something that can be mowed over or is it too thick for that? Any pics?

Comment

It's pretty thick, it's a tree line about 8 foot back from edge of field to back of what needs cleared, 5 foot high thick briar and some small pine trees about 4ft tall, my local rent place wants $960 for 1 day rental for skid steer with brush mower on front but I need it for more then 1 day. Just afraid the customer won't go for the price and I didn't add laborn yet. Don't know what to do.

Comment

I forgot to add that nothing needs to be removed, everything mulched down. I'm thinking maybe I should just rent a Billy goat brush cutter even though it will take me like 3 days to do

Comment

A tractor with a brush mower on the back could probably knock it down too.

The problem with these jobs is that someone in the area may have a tractor and a such a mower setup and could do it fairly cheaply.

With that in mind, don't sweat your price. Since you would need to rent equipment to do the job, make sure you cover your cost of the rental plus your time. You never know, they may go for it.

If the area is 15,000 sqft, and maybe you could mow at:

2 miles per hour, mower is 4 ft wide?
                  (5,280ft x 2mph) X 4ft wide = 42,240 sqft in an hour

15,000 sqft total / 42,240 per hour = .355 of an hour

or about 21 minutes. That is 60 minutes * .355

Now that is if your mower is 4 ft wide and you can steadily drive through it and mow it all down at 2mph.

If an acre is 43560 sqft and the job you are working on is 15,000 sqft, that is about a third of an acre. With the right equipment shouldn't take too long to knock down.

How is my time comparing to what you came up with?

Comment

You're time and everything is spot on, thanks. Yeah I was thinking about someone in the area who owned one it would be cheaper. I really don't want to tackle this job with a little wonder walk behind it would take forever but drive my labor costs up higher.

Comment

You should still consider bidding it at a price you need to get the job done right. You never know, you may get it. If you don't, you can always call the customer back and ask them why they didn't go with your bid and if they say price, ask them what was the price they went with.

It will be a learning lesson.

Keep us posted.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Steve, well I was wrong about what the customer would think cause he went with my price, I guess cause this is a regular customer of mine and decided to have me upgrade the attachment to the forestry cutter another $400 extra for that. But thank you very much for all the info .

Comment

That is great! Take some pics of the job before and after.

Also let us know how long the job ultimately took.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X