palm trees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• palm trees

I am asking this for future referece, I am considering to trim palm trees as well as cutting lawns but should I charge by the tree or by the time and how much if by the three and or the time?
    Hinder and evaluate this very life, The miracles we endure prevails over the iniquities so live on. Keep in mind your miracles and forget the vile enigmas we face. Always preseve your dreams, prevail, and carry the day.

Well I would say ultimately charge based on your time but don't let the customer know that. You should experiment and see how much time it takes you to trim a palm tree. Then you will be able to calculate how much you should charge based on the amount of time.

Why not try it and let us know what you come up with.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

steve

Well I would say ultimately charge based on your time but don't let the customer know that. You should experiment and see how much time it takes you to trim a palm tree. Then you will be able to calculate how much you should charge based on the amount of time.

Why not try it and let us know what you come up with.
      In FL ,we charge $15.00 per palm tree.Up to 10ft.We load up are trailer to the max and pay $25.00 to dump it.Need to find out what they charge to dump it?

Comment

In FL ,we charge $15.00 per palm tree.Up to 10ft.We load up are trailer to the max and pay $25.00 to dump it.Need to find out what they charge to dump it?
        How long does it take you to trim a palm tree up to 10ft tall?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

steve

How long does it take you to trim a palm tree up to 10ft tall?
          With a long pruner about 20 min.that's trim and cleanup.If they have more then one palm then $15.00 x number=

Comment

I would think you could make more money on this service. At least double. This is something most people just aren't going to do themselves and once they have you maintaining their lawn, they will be more willing to pay you a premium for additional services such as this.

At least that is what I think. Have you experimented with the pricing to see if you can charge more to your current customers?

Comment

This is great info considering that I used to trim palms for the companies that I used to work for, Just never figured how long it took. so if it is $15.00 per palm up to 10 ft. how much would it be if it was taller?
              Hinder and evaluate this very life, The miracles we endure prevails over the iniquities so live on. Keep in mind your miracles and forget the vile enigmas we face. Always preseve your dreams, prevail, and carry the day.

Comment

toxicweirdo

This is great info considering that I used to trim palms for the companies that I used to work for, Just never figured how long it took. so if it is $15.00 per palm up to 10 ft. how much would it be if it was taller?
                Last year i did 5 palm tree 50ft tall.With a tall ladder and a prunner.$75.00 x 5=$375.00 Paid $25.00 to dump it.If you can buy a used bucket,It's worth it.

Comment

Last year i did 5 palm tree 50ft tall.With a tall ladder and a prunner.$75.00 x 5=$375.00 Paid $25.00 to dump it.If you can buy a used bucket,It's worth it.
                  Can I ask you how you came up with that figure?

Comment

toxicweirdo

Can I ask you how you came up with that figure?
                    Guy got 3 bids.
                    $95.00 per palm tree
                    $85.00 per palm tree
                    $75.00 per palm tree
                    75x5=375.00

Comment

Lawnboy, with these higher trees, how long did it take on average to prune them at the rate of $75 per tree?

Comment

steve

Lawnboy, with these higher trees, how long did it take on average to prune them at the rate of $75 per tree?
                        It took me all day.

Comment

This is a great palm tree example.

If it takes 8 hours to prune 5 Palm trees at $75 a tree.
                          5 * $75 = $375
                          or
                          $375 / 8 = $46.87 per hour.

Now if you raise your rates to $95 a tree.
                          5 * $95 = $475
                          or
                          $475 / 8 = $59.37 per hour

That makes a big difference and you are able to hit the $60 an hour mark. Pretty interesting!

Comment

So I could Charge lets say $20/ $25per palm up to a certain hight and then charge the $75/$95 if it is taller. would this sound right. if so what would be the breaking point of the hight issue?

Comment

steve

This is a great palm tree example.

If it takes 8 hours to prune 5 Palm trees at $75 a tree.
                              5 * $75 = $375
                              or
                              $375 / 8 = $46.87 per hour.

Now if you raise your rates to $95 a tree.
                              5 * $95 = $475
                              or
                              $475 / 8 = $59.37 per hour

That makes a big difference and you are able to hit the $60 an hour mark. Pretty interesting!
                              It took me all day,because i don't have a bucket.With a bucket 2 hours top.

Comment

Working...
                              X