How much too Charge???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much too Charge???

I have a job that takes roughly 3.5 hours to do as I estimated. However this is based on one person. If I have two people out there I can do the job in half the time. Based on Two mowers. Do I bid the job based on my hourly rate for 3.5 or for half the time. When you bid a job do you base it on how long it will take 1 person to do it and bill it using your hourly rate of $50.00 or do you base it on two people at the same hourly rate $50.00. Its either 175.00 for the job or 87.50. Thanks I am confused.

I would think no matter how many people you have doing the job, you need to estimate the total man hours per week or month, however you charge and X this amount of hours by your company Labor Rate, I think most people use between $50-$60/hour.

So whether a job takes 6 hours with 1 man, or it takes 3 hours with 2 guys, or takes 1.5 hours with 3 guys, doesn't matter, its still 6 man hours, if this makes sense.

Comment

bill everything out in man hours...or by the job. If it will take the same amount of time why charge less?

Comment

Hi Lawncare3000,

That is a great question a lot of people get confused about.

Let us know how this all worked out and how the bid went.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X