Pricing for plugging / aeration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing for plugging / aeration

I been getting the questions about this and dont know what to charge?

I usually charge a bit more than the regular mowing price. It's pretty quick work, but it's more of a specialized service, which is why you can charge more.

Comment

Dave,

Do you guys have your own aerators or do you rent them when you need them?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

thanks I will have to rent one but i will be doing at least 7 lawns so i will put the cost it that. $30 lawn I will charge $45 sound good? thanks alot

Comment

This was from another post that I think will be helpful.

Make sure you read the post here

http://gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7130

Here in KY I'm getting about $33 per thousand sq ft, so we charge $150 for the first 5000 sq ft. and $20 per thousand sq ft there after. Our avg lot size is about 5000 sq ft here. We charge the same for both type of service. over-seeding is included in the aeration = 5-6 lbs of a 4 blend seed per thousand sq ft. If the customer doesn't want the seed then its $130.

If you rent a good core aerator it will cost about $60 per day and 50 lb bag of seed will run about $65, you should be able to get 2-3 customers from one bag of seed, and 5000 sq ft should only take about 30 min start to finish. So now for one customer it will cost you $125 + fuel and time getting equipment form rental Co and the time to do it, is $150 per to much, no its not, it should be just right if you have 3 or more customers, on Wed 4/8/08 we did 8 customers and here is the breakdown of the day.
          COST;
          Fuel (truck and equip.) $25
          Seed $65 per bag x 4 = $260 (premium seed)
          Rental Equipment $65
          Labor 6 hours at $15 = $90
          Overhead 8% of total cost = $35
          Total cost to complete 8 lawns approx 5000 sq ft each = $475.00

Billed out $150 x 8 =$1,200 less cost = $725 profit.

Tru-Green and Scotts charges about $165 for the first 3000 thousand sq ft and $15 per thousand there after.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Top dressing?

Would you remove the plugs from the lawn or leave them. Do you remove them then topdress and reeseed or do you just reeseed?

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X