Power Washing Brick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Washing Brick

I'm reading a lot about how risky it is to power wash brick. Does anyone have advice - PSI, cleaners, do's & dont's?
    Totally Green Lawn Care, LLC
    http://www.totallygreenlc.com

I sent a message to Tony of amw-graphics.com because he used to do power
    washing. Maybe he will know this and be able to respond.

Or possibly someone else might want to help out?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Thanks Steve,
      We bid a job and got it. We're suppose to do it tomorrow (Thursday) and now I'm hoping we didn't mess up.
      Totally Green Lawn Care, LLC
      http://www.totallygreenlc.com

Comment

If others out there were looking to bid a similar job, what would you suggest it would take them in hours to do and what should they bid? Any advice?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I'm reading a lot about how risky it is to power wash brick. Does anyone have advice - PSI, cleaners, do's & dont's?
          I have done alot of it, i use a commercial 5000 psi honda power washer.
          You really dont need any chemicals, brick comes clean easy. The things you have to be careful of are 1- dont get to close, the clay can flake, or you will leave alot of dimmples, and stone showing through. Depending on the type of brick, alot of homes have the salvage bick on them for the old look on these watch out for the mortor flakes on these as they will fly off with to much pressure. I always hit it at about 3500 psi and stay aprox 36" away from the surface. Always keep your wond moving when aiming at the surface of the brick. Hope this helped.

Comment

The only "brick" I've ever powerwashed is made of concrete. With any of the coloured stuff, it washes out some of the dye, so you get red water everywhere which is kind of a hassle.

Comment

I sent a message to Tony of amw-graphics.com because he used to do power
              washing. Maybe he will know this and be able to respond.

Or possibly someone else might want to help out?
              I was tied up all yesterday afternoon or i would have responded sooner.

Owned a commecial & residential pressure cleaning biz for 5 years...

I would recomend keeping all house washing (brick/vinyl/whatever) below 1000 PSI.

You can use dif. tips on the end of your wand to drop the pressure, this is the best way to do it. I am not refering to dif. degree tips...thats something else. I have a chart somewhere that will tell you what tip will give you what pressure on whatever PSI pump you are using. If i can find it i will post it.

As for what to use....if you dont use something besides water you are doing the same thing the homeowner can do...
              Would you wash your dishes without soap..."hay it looks clean".
              I would use (in laymens terms)..
              Pool Clorine (liquid & at least 10%)
              Some low foaming soap or the like.
              and some rinse aid

Mix 1 gal clorine, some soap (depends on the kind as to how much), and a few ounces of rinse aid into a 5 gallon bucket...fill the rest with water and using an X-Jet spray that on the house (2 sides at a time) come back and rinse it using LOW PRESSURE. SHouldnt take long at all.

2000 SQFT brick house (1 story) should only take about 45 mins or less.
              (maybe a little longer if you havent done it 1000 times)

Dont forget to charge extra to clean the gutters (the outsides).
              If they have black streaks on them (like a lot of the white trailers get) look for something called "Gutter Shock" its the best stuff for that (as well as many other things).

Any questions let me know.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X