Edging & Mowing job. Need help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edging & Mowing job. Need help

Today I went out and looked at a yard which has the potential to be my second client. He wants weekly mowing and then one time edging, weeding & mulching the flowerbeds. Heres some of the details:

-Not that it matters but the house is valued at $561,000 and he is a photographer for Abercrombie & Fitch.
    -Most of his yard is flowerbeds.
    -He wants the yards edged. Not with bricks or plastic edging but "trenched". I don't know what else to call it.
    -The beds are 4' to 5' deep all the way around the house and around the perimeter of the yard.
    -Around the house there is 291 linear feet of flowerbeds
    -Around the perimeter of the property there is 585 linear feet of flowerbeds.
    -Total for all beds is about 876 linear feet of beds.
    -I would estimate that it would take about 45 minutes to an hour to mow and trim the yard. I was thinking of charging him $60 to $75 for mowing
    Here are 4 pics of the yard. I have more but this is a good representation. Yard in need of estimate

What tools do I need to have to do the edging right and to make it easier?
    What are the steps you would take to tackle the job?
    Any other advise, tips, criticisms, anything.

Ben
    Ben Belhorn
    Gotta Mow Lawn Maintenance

Other topic on edging

We were talking about edging there, and there's a post about a good tool I use for edging. That seems like a lot of edging...I'd roughly guesstimate that I could do maybe 2 feet per hour with an edging tool including a time allowance for cleanup, that's pretty rough though.

Comment

Quote[/b] (UniversityLandscapers @ June 05 2008,6:19)]I'd roughly guesstimate that I could do maybe 2 feet per hour with an edging tool including a time allowance for cleanup, that's pretty rough though.
      Is that right? 2 feet in an hour? So this 800'+ job would take 1600 hours?

Was that a typo?
      Ben Belhorn

Comment

Haha....2 feet per minute is what I was thinking...maybe even 3

Comment

Whew. I was really worried there for a second.

Ben
          Ben Belhorn

Comment

Working...
          X