First commercial apartment complex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First commercial apartment complex

I started my owne landscaping business last year and I was just called to bid on my first apartment complex. I've tried to pull it on google eath and 3d live maps but I can't seem to pull up the complex to post pictures. address is 102 roosevelt ave, aparment names are evergreen appartments. I was wondering if I could get some help on how much to charge to bid this property. It will be weekly mowing, trimming/edeging and blowing and trash pick up....all help and appreciated and I need to turn in bid by this wed or thurs....
    John Saunders

What town and state? I will try to pull it up to post the images.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

greenville, sc
      John Saunders

Comment

How is this? If the area is in this picture, you could save it and then maybe draw where the outline of the area is you would be bidding on.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I can't seem to save and add lines, but I would say everything you see on the picture to the left of the street and to the right. The trees you see on the right, most have been removed and now it's grass and also the grass behind the trees
          John Saunders

Comment

Can you right click on the image and save the picture? Load it up into your microsoft paint and then draw the lines and then resave it and post it?

Comment

hope this helps
              John Saunders

Comment

What kind of equipment do you have to perform this job?
                What size crew would you use?
                How many man hours do you predict you would need to complete this job?
                What is your operating costs per hour?

Comment

good man... now I can go bid this..

Just kidding

Comment

My equipment is a tore 22hp 50in zero turn, I have one 15.5hp craftsman, just a standard push mower, 3 weedeaters and a blower. I normally work solo unless it's a big job and I don't want to spend most of my time then I use a 2 man or 3 man crew that includes me. I was figuring it would tak 4-6 hours to complete the property with a 3 man crew. What I figured was 2.5-3 hrs mowing (35.00 per man hr=262-315 per mow) 1hr- 1.5 hrs trimming (30.00 per man hr=90-135) and blowing/trash pick up/hauling away 1hr- 1.5 hrs (40 per man hr=120-180). I used 40 per man hour to include having to haul away and there is normally a lot of trash. Also I inluded 90.00 for 30 min driving to site and unloading equipment and 30 min driving from site and loading equipment. I also added a 7-12% increase for business growth. Total is 806.40 a week which includes the 12% increase or 770.40 a week with the 7% increase. What are your thoughts
                    John Saunders

Comment

just a question... where did you come up with the $35.00 per man hour rate? and why does it change to $40.00 for the other service? If you know your true man hour rate, you can bid that right on... your man hour rate may be lower than that, depending on your overhead. Which may mean that you can do the job for less, and possibly win the bid. If your rate is higher, you will lose money. And nobody wants to do that. You have the general idea right, but Im just concerned with where you got your man hour rate from?

Comment

i got my man hr from looking at other bid help ?'s on this forum. i changed d man hr on some service b/c i will have 2 haul away trash and i have to empty that trash. is that price i listed 2 high? how would u bid this? i dont want 2 bid 2 low and not make any money.
                        John Saunders

Comment

Hey, basically, you want to come up with your own labor rate, or man hour rate. You need to take all your expenses for the year, add them up and divide them by the hour you plan to work per year. This will be the amount of money you need to keep your business afloat... (minimum price), then you need to allow a percentage for growth, and profit. I can get more into this later, but wifey just called and dinners ready...

Also, steve knows that I have posted many times on this subject, so im wondering if he can help us put a link to a thread with this topic...

Comment

Quote[/b] ]Also, steve knows that I have posted many times on this subject, so im wondering if he can help us put a link to a thread with this topic...
                            There are a lot of great posts in this estimate section. I am trying to pull all this information together to help everyone get up and running faster.

Comment

wholly crap... just noticed how many post you have made steve

Comment

Working...
                              X