Aeration and Dethatching ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeration and Dethatching ?

What is the common cost for dethatching and Aeration?

Does anyone have any thoughts they can share with Tony on this
    ?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

charge enough to make money. LOL

P.S.
      maybe you should ban me from this section of the forums. lol
      2000 Ford F350 Dump Truck V10 8\'6\" Western
      2006 Chevy 2500HD 8ft Western
      2005 8x20ft Haulmark Enclosed Trailer
      Exmark Rider and WB and Stihl Handhelds

Comment

In KS 10-12 dollars per thousand to Aerate

No idea on detacht, havent done that for a lonnnnnnnnnnn time
        My hair is turning white, my necks alwayas been red, my collar is still blue

Comment

10-12 per thousand?!?!?!? That's dirt cheap! Around here (Vancouver, BC), you'd be talking about $20-25 per thousand.

Comment

well I only reason why I made this post was someone had said to charge 200.00 per yard for dethatching and only 40.00 to 60.00 per yard depending on the SIZE ... So I mean I don't think I could get that much here in the lots being 40x120 or Less.

Comment

Quote[/b] (UniversityLandscapers @ April 03 2008,11:14)]10-12 per thousand?!?!?!? That's dirt cheap! Around here (Vancouver, BC), you'd be talking about $20-25 per thousand.
              Then I am gonna fly me and my aerator to Canada for the spring/fall seasons.
              My hair is turning white, my necks alwayas been red, my collar is still blue

Comment

Here in KY I'm getting about $33 per thousand sq ft, so we charge $150 for the first 5000 sq ft. and $20 per thousand sq ft there after. Our avg lot size is about 5000 sq ft here. We charge the same for both type of service. over-seeding is included in the aeration = 5-6 lbs of a 4 blend seed per thousand sq ft. If the customer doesn't want the seed then its $130.

If you rent a good core aerator it will cost about $60 per day and 50 lb bag of seed will run about $65, you should be able to get 2-3 customers from one bag of seed, and 5000 sq ft should only take about 30 min start to finish. So now for one customer it will cost you $125 + fuel and time getting equipment form rental Co and the time to do it, is $150 per to much, no its not, it should be just right if you have 3 or more customers, on Wed 4/8/08 we did 8 customers and here is the breakdown of the day.
                COST;
                Fuel (truck and equip.) $25
                Seed $65 per bag x 4 = $260 (premium seed)
                Rental Equipment $65
                Labor 6 hours at $15 = $90
                Overhead 8% of total cost = $35
                Total cost to complete 8 lawns approx 5000 sq ft each = $475.00

Billed out $150 x 8 =$1,200 less cost = $725 profit.

Tru-Green and Scotts charges about $165 for the first 3000 thousand sq ft and $15 per thousand there after.

I know this to be fact in my area, (I called them and asked) we have taken on 40+ customers that use to be Tru-Green and Scotts customers. Because we offer Organic Fertilizer Programs as well.

I hope this gives you some insight on how these types of services should be charged.

Good Luck
                Tim

Comment

for suberban homes i charge 35$ per lawn,
                  i get most of the customers because other companies charge 45+ per lawn. The cheaper price also encourages people that have never done aerating to try it out because of the cheap price. I rent the machine out for 100$ a day and can do up to 15 lawns aday. very easy to do.

Comment

that was just for aerating,
                    dethatching usualy costs the same

Comment

I got a quetion about Aerating and Detatching..

Is it even worth buying the piece of machinery or renting it ?

Comment

Hi Justin,

If you are interested, I have a podcast online with lawn care business author Joel LaRusic. In the discussion he talks about how he would line up a whole bunch of aeration jobs over a day or two and rent the machine to do the jobs.

He said it was a lot better than buying one.

From what I have heard from others, it just isn't worth buying.
                        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
                        X