Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT HELP NEEDED!

hey everyone,

I have about 15 good residential accounts. For equipment: I have 2 Toro Commercial 21", a old 22" Crapsmen used for mowing crappy yards and power raking, a stihl trimmer, stihl stick edger, backup Homelite trimmer, and a Homelite blower.(still need to get pics)

Now i realize that compared to everyone else, my equipment sucks. LOL
    But i need everyones advice on this apartment bid that i need to put in. It will be my first commercial job and it's pretty huge! (i will post pics from google earth)

they want weekly mowing of all turf areas, a spring,fall, and summer fertilization, and also a cleanup and power raking in fall & spring.

What do you guys think i should do? is it too big of a step for the equipment and 3 man crew that i have? if i should get a bid out, what do you think about all the pricing? i dont have any idea on bidding commercially so please help me out! Thanks!

Luke
    15 year old teenager in the business!

Luke Gilbert
    LG Yard Services
    Casper, WY

http://www.lgyardservice.com/index.html

I started with one apartment complex last year, and now I have four, including a very large one. My equipment is a 21" Yardworks mower, and a low end trimmer and blower, which I'm probably gonna replace. So I would say definitely go for it, it works for me, and I'm only a one man crew most of the time!

Comment

Dave,

Do you have any advice on how you came up with a bid for that apartment complex? What kinds of things should a new lawn care business owner keep in my when bidding on something like this?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Quote[/b] ]I started with one apartment complex last year, and now I have four, including a very large one. My equipment is a 21" Yardworks mower, and a low end trimmer and blower, which I'm probably gonna replace. So I would say definitely go for it, it works for me, and I'm only a one man crew most of the time!
        How large are these aprartments? I was trying to post a google earth image but i think its too large. The complex that i'm bidding on is at least 2 acres+

Quote[/b] ]Dave,

Do you have any advice on how you came up with a bid for that apartment complex? What kinds of things should a new lawn care business owner keep in my when bidding on something like this?
        and yes this would be very helpful!

thanks
        15 year old teenager in the business!

Luke Gilbert
        LG Yard Services
        Casper, WY

http://www.lgyardservice.com/index.html

Comment

Hmmm...the one I did (our owner has actually done all the ones this year, since I'm still away at school) was a smaller one. Only about 3000 sq ft or so. Based on the kind of stuff they wanted me to do with the hedges and flower beds, I figured I'd spend around an hour or two a week extra, on average. So I just took the measured size of the lawn then added an hour and a half of labour on top of it. I'm not sure how our owner does it...he uses the same pricing method for lawns, and I've told him that I do $35 per hour for labour, so I'd assume he does a similar method.

The biggest one I have is a $2600/month contract, but it's mainly garden beds and bushes, there isn't much grass.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X