how to price mulch jobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to price mulch jobs

[B]Hey guys new to the business and have a few calls from people wanting a price on installing mulch. Not familiar with pricing mulch jobs any help is greatly appreciated. I would like to include the price i pay for the mulch in the total price for the job. Any guidelines ya'll have for pricing this thanks.
    Gerald T. Mullet
    K & G LAWNCARE

Figure out your square footage x depth (I use 4 inches) to get cubic feet. Then convert to cubic yards
    It's cheaper by the yard than by the bag. & I'd just double the material cost for your 1st job, maybe add a little more & see how you do timewise. Adjust accordingly for job #2. Mulch is quick, easy & alot lighter than rocks! Good luck!

Comment

Chuck,

Is there a difference between a beginner way to price mulch jobs and how you price them now? What would the difference be?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Go to a couple of different mulch places and ask for there wholesale and regular price list so you can determine your bid. Multiply the length by the width of area to be covered, then divide by 81, this will provide you with a 4" depth coverage.
        3" = 108sf.
        2" = 162sf.
        So, what ever your materials cost and then double will be your bid.

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ April 04 2008,10:42)]Chuck,

Is there a difference between a beginner way to price mulch jobs and how you price them now? What would the difference be?
          Unfortunatly for my back.... I end up doing alot more work with rock than mulch. I haven't done many mulch jobs, It just doesn't seem as popular here.

Comment

Working...
          X