Bidding for reSod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bidding for reSod

I have a guy that wants me to take up a section of his dead floritan and lay down some new floritan.

The section is a strip of grass along side his house that measures 60ft long and 8ft wide. Plus there are some various spots in the back yard that just needs a lil bit of patching, no removal. But im mainly concerned on the 60ft by 8ft area. This will be my first sod removal/replace job.

Quote[/b] (Dzielak51 @ Mar. 03 2008,10:58)]I have a guy that wants me to take up a section of his dead floritan and lay down some new floritan.

The section is a strip of grass along side his house that measures 60ft long and 8ft wide. Plus there are some various spots in the back yard that just needs a lil bit of patching, no removal. But im mainly concerned on the 60ft by 8ft area. This will be my first sod removal/replace job.
    Jesse

Were are you located is number 1?

How far is the sod farm?

60x8=480 Sq ft 160 yards

In michigan guys charge 8 to 10 per yard for tearout and replace topsoil and all but there are some what charge 5 to 7 for the same job.

The extra would be extra but if need be and it is small and not time consuming throw it in but charge it in the tearout
    Please let me know?

Comment

Quote[/b] (Dzielak51 @ Mar. 03 2008,10:58)]I have a guy that wants me to take up a section of his dead floritan and lay down some new floritan.

The section is a strip of grass along side his house that measures 60ft long and 8ft wide. *Plus there are some various spots in the back yard that just needs a lil bit of patching, no removal. *But im mainly concerned on the 60ft by 8ft area. *This will be my first sod removal/replace job.
      If his floritan was dying with brown patches, he might have had chinch bug. Chinch bug eats the grass and moves in an outward circle. Before you know it the lawn is dead,lol.

Don't treat the damaged area, treat the area on the outside circle where they are going.

Thatch removal is important for eliminating conditions favorable for chinch bug survival.

Chinch bugs are most damaging to St. Augustine grass. You may see them on grasses such as zoysia, Bermuda, and centipede, but infestations usually occur where high populations have built up on St. Augustine grass. Adult chinch bugs are about one-fifth of an inch long and black with white wings folded over their backs. The insect mates early in the season when the temperature reaches 70 degrees Fahrenheit or so

Comment

Thank you for the informative reply landonkade.

LawnIndustryconsultants: I live in SW FL. *And the sod farm is about 8 miles from his house. *He said he has a "sod" guy. *So i have to find out who it is and if he plans on just paying for the sod and having it delivered himself or if i have to buy it and have it delivered. *But im mainly concerned on the removal and installation of the sod. *

I do know that the local sod farm charges $160 for a pallet of st augustine and $30 to deliver it. I will need exactly 1 pallet according to my math.

Also what is the correct/easy way to dig up the dead grass?

Also, the prices that you said they charge up north...is that cost of the sod + removal and installation? *or just removal and installation?

Comment

Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Mar. 03 2008,10:56)]If his floritan was dying with brown patches, he might have had chinch bug. Chinch bug eats the grass and moves in an outward circle. Before you know it the lawn is dead,lol.

Don't treat the damaged area, treat the area on the outside circle *where they are going.

Thatch removal is important for eliminating conditions favorable for chinch bug survival.

Chinch bugs are most damaging to St. Augustine grass. You may see them on grasses such as zoysia, Bermuda, and centipede, but infestations usually occur where high populations have built up on St. Augustine grass. Adult chinch bugs are about one-fifth of an inch long and black with white wings folded over their backs. *The insect mates early in the season when the temperature reaches 70 degrees Fahrenheit or so
          How do you get rid of these chinch bugs?

Comment

That is the full price for all remove the old ground and replace with fresh topsoil and sod. Also use a sod cutter and tearup the ground and remove the old. Any more ask?

Comment

I was thinking of charging him $1000. You think that is fair? 200 is going towards the sod and probably a 100 for the sod cutter.

Comment

To me that is a fair price good price for the customer. If i was the customer i would say were do i sign.

Comment

Working...
                X