Aeration charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeration charges

What are you guys charging per 1000 to aerate?

Does that include two passes?

Who flags the sprinkler heads if present, how much for that?
    My hair is turning white, my necks alwayas been red, my collar is still blue

Tell us more?

What do you mean buy marking sprinkler heads?

If anyone has any input i would also like to hear it on this subject?

Comment

He means to 'flag' the irrigation heads so you don't damage them when you pass by with the aerator. Nothing like putting a tine through a sprinkler head...I am sure we have all been there.

It is almost worth the troubles to just have it included in your price for aerating. Most newer irrigation installations will have a layout of the heads...or just run the system for a few mins to determine where they are.

What size aerator are you using? (width)

Comment

Its about 2.3 or 3 feet has 7 tines
        My hair is turning white, my necks alwayas been red, my collar is still blue

Comment

well an aerator that size you are looking at about 6000-8000 sq.ft/hr. Now that is just all straight runs...then you have trees, garden beds, drives, walkways, etc...

When you calculate all of that you are probably looking at an average of 4000 sq.ft/hr. Now 4000 sq.ft is a lawn 64 x 64 but by the time you show, up mark heads, unload, aerate and reload you are looking at a good 1.25 hours...times that by your labour rate and your off.

I would also have a minimum charge for aerating...probably 1 hour...not worth your time to show up and make 2 passes and reload and go and bill for 15mins.

Comment

this aeration service its one of my favorites the machine it,s not easy, but its wort it, spring and fall the best time i recommend you not charge by square feet if is over 9,000 other wise charge by the service and try to sell fertilizing with it if u don't have a fertilizing license then use organic. just
            by aerating you add great benefits to the soil. let this know to your customer read about the benefits and flag the sprinkler heads if they have a system. t
            This is a great way boost your business buddy hit it hard . i Love it

Comment

Do you recommend one aeration machine over others?

Also do you market this service individually or do you market it along with other services?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Do you recommend one aeration machine over others?

Also do you market this service individually or do you market it along with other services?
                i do it individually i make a special flyer for it one in spring full price and one in fall 25% OFF i have a 530 bluebird that rely on weight a beast my friend next year i will look in to one more mechanical that wont rely on weight

i really love this service but what i love most its the benefits of it

Comment

Grass doctor can u plz post a pic of ur flyer

Comment

i make a special flyer for it one in spring full price and one in fall 25% OFF
                    Do they have to sign up for both to get the 25% off discount or do you just offer a 25% off discount in your fall flyer?

Also, do you only send these flyers out to your current lawn care customers or do they go out to everyone in your service area?
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Do they have to sign up for both to get the 25% off discount or do you just offer a 25% off discount in your fall flyer?

Also, do you only send these flyers out to your current lawn care customers or do they go out to everyone in your service area?
                      hi Steve let me star by saying people its not very into soil aeration here in San Antonio TX some of the potential customers don't even have a clue of what this service can do for their lawns or they just dont know what the service is about. here we have hot dry summer, and most of our soil its limestone or base material, and we have water restriction year round so this is the wright service for our weather. i charge full price in spring 150.00 including organic fertilizer
                      ( and i make my own )for a lot under 9,000 square feet, if it goes over that i charge extra 20.00 to 50.00 . reality the machine does all the work for u you just have to learn how to handle that beast. i am built, use to lift stuff so this dont bother me at all for me this aeration service its like selling candy. last year in fall i set it up for 75.00 including fertilizer this year in fall since customers are more in to their yards thanks to the rain i will put this service at 50.00 just for the aeration it self i want to build a solid clientele for this service sound like a great marketing trick for me what do u think

Comment

Grass doctor can u plz post a pic of ur flyer
                        sure i can do that for u

Comment

@ grass doctor okay thanks or u can email it too fordj1995@yahoo.com which ever is easier.

Comment

i just offer 25% discount for fall to any body, and i only advertise in the communities where i have existing clients. people notice compliment my lawns all the time the lawns gurus recommend this process twice a year
                            50% of soil 25% of water and 25% air= green, lush and healthy= perfect lawns .

Comment

Working...
                            X