Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how would you guys bid this job?

message i received from potential customer:

I am looking to have my yard raked and the leaves removed or bagged. *If raked, this will take approximately 6 hours.
    Please let me know how much you would charge.

Cleggger,

She say it will take 6 hours or is that your estimation?
    We need more info to help here..... Do you have to haul it off? Or leave it there? Her bags? Yours? What's your hourly rate that you charge?

Comment

6hrs x $40.00= $240
      To haul away $100.00

Comment

Here is another post that is pretty detailed. How your lawn care business should price a fall leaf cleanup
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Quote[/b] (musician/lawnman @ Mar. 03 2008,9:28)]Cleggger,

She say it will take 6 hours or is that your estimation?
          We need more info to help here..... Do you have to haul it off? Or leave it there? Her bags? Yours? What's your hourly rate that you charge?
          This is rite.

You have to have standards in your business. $X amount for hour per man. Minimums and maximums so you dont go to far over or under cut yourself. Me myself i need more info on this estimate.

Comment

Never quote a job over the phone. What they think may take 6hrs probably will take double. Most customers already have what they want to spend in their heads...by them saying 6 hours they probably mean "I don't want to spend more then ### amount of dollars"

Comment

Quote[/b] (clegger11 @ Mar. 02 2008,9:18)]message i received from potential customer:

I am looking to have my yard raked and the leaves removed or bagged. *If raked, this will take approximately 6 hours.
              Please let me know how much you would charge.
              any pics of the yard would help us alot

Comment

Working...
              X