No announcement yet.

First commercial job  NEED HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alright man thanks for the help i think i was way over on the mow bid but i messed up and combined the sweeping with the mowing

he wanted
    Monthly
    standard lawn service
    check irritation system

3x a week
    parking lot cleaned of trash
    sidewalks cleaned of trash
    trash emptied from outside bins
    anything under 8ft trimmed as needed
    mulch beds cleaned out as needed
    Weeds picked or sprayed in mulch beds as needed
    clean irritation heads as needed

I bid a bit higher than $400 but also included parking lot cleanup and the fact i got to be there 3x a week to check it all
    my buddy says he will take a backpack blower to the parking lot 3x a week for a small fee lol i told him itd take a while

Comment

Keep us posted how all this goes!

Rodman, you really did an amazing job helping him! Thank you!
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Quote[/b] (A.P.L.S @ Oct. 24 2007,7:13)]I bid a bit higher than $400 but also included parking lot cleanup and the fact i got to be there 3x a week to check it all
        my buddy says he will take a backpack blower to the parking lot 3x a week for a small fee lol i told him itd take a while
        How much was the total? With the Clean up and monthly service?

I also hope your broke that bid up. Listed each job, Like the Pond Clean ups, one bid, the pressure job on another monthly service on a another.

Do not get mad when your friend comes and tells you he will not blow the parking lot anymore. That is very large area to be blowing with a backpack blower. I have thought might be good for you to buy one of those blowers that are on a cart? Have you seen them? Or if you own a tractor get a Tractor Sweeper! If you do not have one I know someone that can get you one at fair price. All those are reasonable things that you can do for the parking lot sweeping.

Comment

Wheeled Blowers
          The power of hurricane-force winds yet easy on the ears.
          The "Q" stands for quiet, because our QB blowers have
          had the industry's lowest noise levels for the last ten years.
          They're loaded with professional features like our
          exclusive 14-blade fan that eliminates the tiresome "gyro"
          effect, a proprietary curved radius housing that
          reduces air turbulence and provides unparalleled strength,
          and shock isolation mounts to reduce vibration.
          We challenge you to find anyblower with as much value
          or better weight-to-performance ratio than
          the one and only Quiet Blow® !

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 24 2007,7:35)]Keep us posted how all this goes!

Rodman, you really did an amazing job helping him! Thank you!
            That is what I am here for Steve to help others.

Comment

Yeah i have already looked at a few of those blowers i found a almost new lesco 8hp one for $400 i might get... i bid the the monthly maint with all that stuff i listed including parking lot cleaning (minus pressure and pond cleaning) for almost 2x what you said but i did it before i saw your post. so idk if that will happen.

Comment

My question is, how much time would you save using the wheeled blower in comparison to the backpack? I'm sure you would shave time off, but would you shave enough off to make it worth the purchase?

Comment

I would say YES for Vast Area. Say very large complex or Parking lot. Have you seen the power those things have?

Comment

Hey guys just a quick update. *I got the orlando job *we came to an agreement of $1600 a month *and i also have the other parking lot for the same amount * so 3200 a month for both. *

I also got the pressure cleaning *for $2000 for both buildings

And got the retention pond job *it was ALOT easier than i thought *just drain the little bit of water in them(1ft) and cut the vegitation in and around the ponds *i got that for $900

and some other work he wants done * so im pretty happy

* * * THANKS GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!! *

Comment

Good for you. Need any help I dont live far away.

Comment

i would sub some of the pressure washing and street sweeping etc. do what you do best. You dont want to get every job get the ones that can make you money. As far as the retention pond forget it. How much is getting stuck buy a discarded needle worrth? You fall or reach down and get stuck forget that. Sometimes you just need to say no

Comment

just got back on here.... i ended up taking all the work and i got it knocked out in a week and a half.
                          The parking lots actually stay cleaner than i thought so 3 times a week i spend 30 min on it and its done.
                          Again i thank you all for your help, most of my residential accounts cancled or want bi weekly price so this commercial helps feed us till next year.

Only problem i have ran into is finding good workers everyone likes to try to find a way to screw ya over or half *** it. cant trust anyone to do a good job so i have to babysit all the #### time and if i have to be there to watch them insted of doing another job why not just do it all myself? ive gone through like 8 guys in a week all who wanted something for nothing. where do you find good people. And its not a money issue i pay decent, better than alot around here.

Comment

Quote[/b] (A.P.L.S @ Nov. 28 2007,1:47)]just got back on here.... i ended up taking all the work and i got it knocked out in a week and a half.
                            The parking lots actually stay cleaner than i thought so 3 times a week i spend 30 min on it and its done.
                            Again i thank you all for your help, most of my residential accounts cancled or want bi weekly price so this commercial helps feed us till next year.

Only problem i have ran into is finding good workers everyone likes to try to find a way to screw ya over or half *** it. cant trust anyone to do a good job so i have to babysit all the #### time and if i have to be there to watch them insted of doing another job why not just do it all myself? ive gone through like 8 guys in a week all who wanted something for nothing. where do you find good people. And its not a money issue i pay decent, better than alot around here.
                            Didnt you say you were around the orlando area? Im thinking about coming there to live next week. Need any help untill I can get going next spring?

Comment

I hope you do come down i could use someone to cut that property in ORL, Im actually form Palm Bay which is like 45 min away from ORL. I wish i had enough work to bring someone on full time but im slow right now so i only hire part time guys.

Lol now the guy wants some fence put up like 1000' of it. Good money but again i dont know what to charge on fence. its 6ft chainlink. Then after that he wants a bunch of tree work done($2-3k worth of it) So this guy will pay the bills till next year when all my advertising comes out.

Comment

Quote[/b] (A.P.L.S @ Nov. 28 2007,8:29)]I hope you do come down i could use someone to cut that property in ORL, Im actually form Palm Bay which is like 45 min away from ORL. I wish i had enough work to bring someone on full time but im slow right now so i only hire part time guys.

Lol now the guy wants some fence put up like 1000' of it. Good money but again i dont know what to charge on fence. its 6ft chainlink. Then after that he wants a bunch of tree work done($2-3k worth of it) So this guy will pay the bills till next year when all my advertising comes out.
                                pm me wioth your phone number. I also have tractor and auger for the fence post.

Comment

Working...
                                X