Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONDIMINIUM BID HELP

Hey guys,

I need some help with this bid. It's my first ever commercial bid and I have no idea! It's a condiminium complex with a buch of different lawn areas to mow and take care of. As of right now, all they want is basic mowing ( cutting, edging, trimming, and blowing). There are alot of trees that need to be taken care of but I dont have the equipment for that right now and they dont seem to concerned about them any way. Thanks and I could reall use your help!

The address is 4500 S. Poplar
    Casper, WY 82601

Google earth will bring it up just a bit south so you have to scroll north to find it.

My screenshot would upload onto the page...must be too big. sry
    15 year old teenager in the business!

Luke Gilbert
    LG Yard Services
    Casper, WY

http://www.lgyardservice.com/index.html

There sure is a lot of curb and sidewalk to trim here Luke. I came up with 2.457 acres of mowing area and 2,050 ft of walkways, 1 pool, 4 buildings and 4 garage buildings.

If it I, my bid would be as folows;

2.475 x $115= $284.63 (Rounded up to $285.00) per cut
    2,050 x .10 = $205.00 per trim and blow off

Total $490.00 per Services.

Break down would beas follows;
    Man Hours cutting = 3.25
    Man hours trimming = 2.00
    Total man hours for this job would be 5.25
    (this is based on a 2 man crew)

I do a complex very simular to this one and it takes me 4.5 hrs average per service. Most of it is trimmig and blowing off walks and drive/lot. I use a 51" walk with sulky and go as fast as i can with it.

Remember when you first do a job it will always take longer the first couple of times until you get use to the property and figure out the fastest and best way to handle it.

This is just a guide line for you to work off of your pricingand time lines may differ, you will have to adjust it to fit your business.

Good Luck Tim

PS. Let me know how it comes out for you. HIgh Low or whatever.

Comment

Thanks a lot, Tim!

I just got back in town, so I'm finally gonna start getting all my commercial bids started.

So if you came up with about $490 for each service day, then should I submit the bid has $1960 for the entire month ( 490 x 4)?

Or even go for the entire year?

This is where i have trouble, since I currently aren't using any type of contracts for my customers. LOL

Maybe you could help me out with this one. Thanks!

Luke

Luke Gilbert
      LG Yard Services
      Casper, WY

Comment

Quote[/b] (LGYardService @ Jan. 04 2008,12:42)]So if you came up with about $490 for each service day, then should I submit the bid has $1960 for the entire month ( 490 x 4)?

Or even go for the entire year?

Luke *
        I would only if they pay monthly for 12 months (even billing)

If they only want to pay when or as work is completed on a monthly basis then no chage for each time you are there to service the property

I need to know the piticulars on the job; are you only cutting and trimming or are you doing other services as well? (mulch etc.)

If so what services are you providing?

Comment

ok

Well, as of right now, the only services that I know I will be performing are weekly lawn care (mowing, trimming, edging, and blowing) 2 times a year cleanup ( leaves and garbage in the fall and spring) and snow removal.

As you can tell , there a lot of trees on the property but I am just not equipted (sp?) enought to perform tree care services, so no tree care.

Luke Gilbert
          LG Yard Services
          Casper, WY

Comment

Quote[/b] (LGYardService @ Jan. 04 2008,8:19)]equipted (sp?) enought
            equipped enough

Comment

thnx Patrick

Luke Gilbert
              LG Yard Services
              Casper, WY

Comment

Is this the property?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Yep, that the property, Steve.

I have that same screenshot but it wouldn't upload on the forum (probably too big). lol

So do you think that price that Tim came up with is reasonable?
                  I pretty much came up with same price myself.

Thanks

Luke Gilbert
                  LG Yard Services
                  Casper, WY

Comment

I will definitely defer to Tim on the pricing issues.

Can you give us some insight as to how you are doing all this?

I bet there are other teens reading this post wondering how you are pulling this off?

How did you go about approaching the complex? What has their reaction been to your age? How do you overcome any issues related to that?
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Hey Luke

I emailed you a contract and a break down estimate hope this helps

Good Luck
                      Tim

Comment

Tim,

Are you talking about the first email with all the other services and stuff I could offer for the bid?.... I responded to it by the way. Or did you send a new one?

thanks again!

Luke

Luke Gilbert
                        LG Yard Services
                        Casper, WY

Comment

Quote[/b] (realhuntin @ Jan. 06 2008,4:42)]Hey Luke

Good Luck
                          Tim
                          Tim,
                          Could you please send me a copy. *I just did a proposal/bid on a Condo property and would like to see how you do yours. *See if I'm tracking.

Also, I've got questions
                          Do you call after they have there HOA meeting or do you give them a few weeks to send out letters?

Comment

Quote[/b] (aclawncareservice @ Jan. 21 2008,8:08)]
                            Quote[/b] (realhuntin @ Jan. 06 2008,4:42)]Hey Luke

Good Luck
                            Tim
                            Tim,
                            Could you please send me a copy. *I just did a proposal/bid on a Condo property and would like to see how you do yours. *See if I'm tracking.

Also, I've got questions
                            Do you call after they have there HOA meeting or do you give them a few weeks to send out letters?
                            MSG, Whaley I send you a PM. Thank you.

Comment

Tim,
                              Yes, a complete break down on the bid. I also think I saw were you put down a $125 per acre cut and $115 per acre cut? How did you come up with this prices? I thought the rule of thumb was a $1.00 a min. But, I'm going to $1.5 this year. Also, what software do you use?
                              Thanks again,

Dwayne

Comment

Working...
                              X