question on bidding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on bidding

what formula do you use to bid? I have a few commercial jobs and they are all condos or small apartments but I really just guestimated the prices. I really need help.

Hi sataprab,

I dont know of any one formula but as a rule I bid commercial per acre and then I add dificulty to it if its easy then just per acre if its hard lots of trees, small areas where big mowers wont fit and trimming then add for it as you see fit.

Just how I do it.
    Good Luck
    Tim

Comment

Hi sataprab,

When you review your jobs by looking at how long the job is taking you and how much you are making, are you finding a similar profit % based on their size? Or do you find you make more money on a certain size job than another?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

but where do you start? do you use a flat price per ft for mow and edge? I know this sounds crazy, we acctually have about 60-70 res accounts but we are trying to move into more commercial and I just dont have much exp with bidding.

Comment

AS a rule the good LCO's are gtting anywhere from 95 to 125 per acre, you will find lowballers aout there trying to do it for under 90 and they dont last long or are just doing it for side work.

Comment

Thanks Tim for all your help.
            I had my question on Biding comercial accounts, but it looks like its not complicated, and is all clear (well at least when you are used to bid houses). I think im getting good at it, but sometimes, in some of my houses, i feel like I should've charge for more, lol.
            But its ok, at least im making "some" money.
            .Fernando/CleanCut!.
            36\" Scag Kohler 15Hp Walk-Behind
            Toro Trimmer
            Echo PE-200 Edger
            Stihl BG 55 Blower

Comment

Quote[/b] (Fernando's CleanCut! @ Jan. 09 2008,11:41)]I think im getting good at it, but sometimes, in some of my houses, i feel like I should've charge for more, lol.
              But its ok, at least im making "some" money.
              Hi Fernando

Commercial is really no different than Resi, just bigger and more of it.

We all have a learning curve and we all learn what you have and that is I should've charged more.

The best part of your statment was "But its ok, at least im making "some" money"

The best thing for your business is that if you lost money on one job you can make it up on the next 5. A little each job. and stick to the loser job until its done no matter what. this will be better business then you could ever imagine.

Good Luck
              Tim
              Now next time you come accross a job like that one you'll know what to do when bidding it.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X