Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with bid

My son tore up the USB for the camera:

i had someone call in and was wanting a bid for fall-cleanup.

its 1 acre(FULL OF LEAVES)wanting bagged
    alot of obstacles
    20 bushes trim total (chest high)
    probaly a $50 yard in summer time

i thought $200 or little more for everything

sorry no pic......

he is probaly going to be a regular customer

Matt, how long would this take you?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 30 2007,5:39)]Matt, how long would this take you?
      by myself probaly about 4-5 hours

everything is in bad shape

Comment

Without seeing the property, I couldn't guarantee anything, but it sounds about right to me. I have a 1/4 acre coming up next week that I'm charging $50 for... it'll take Jason and I about 30-45 minutes...

Comment

Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Nov. 30 2007,5:38)]My son tore up the USB for the camera:

alot of obstacles

sorry no pic......

bump........

Comment

first off radio shack has usb cord or best buy. yea that sounds about right to me.

Comment

Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Nov. 30 2007,5:38)]My son tore up the USB for the camera:

alot of obstacles

sorry no pic......

I called the guy this morning to touch base with him

i forgot to mention on here, that there is 2 flower beds that he wants de weeded also

i could probaly take a hard rake to it and losen the dirt and get weeds out that way. He dont live there. Trying to sell home, so he wants me to service it until sold, lives in New Jersey

Said he found me doing a search on the net

So should i go up on the price

Comment

ROFL!!!!!!

Umm, Matt... you might wanna increase your price a little... explain to him that it's a little out of your way, but if he's willing to pay the extra money, you'll gladly do it!

When I originally wrote this, I was thinking for some reason that the guy wanted your services IN New Jersey... Dumb me.... lol

Comment

Quote[/b] ]i forgot to mention on here, that there is 2 flower beds that he wants de weeded also.

So should i go up on the price?
                  How much more time would this take to do per visit?
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 01 2007,2:40)]
                    Quote[/b] ]i forgot to mention on here, that there is 2 flower beds that he wants *de weeded also.

So should i go up on the price?
                    How much more time would this take to do per visit?
                    proabaly 45-60 minutes extra to do it right

i have asked several people if i should price it at $200 or a little more. They have said $200 sounds decent

Comment

Sounds good! Go for it and let us know how it turns out.

Let us know after you do the job, if you would have charged more or if you feel you overcharged.

Comment

Quote[/b] ]Said he found me doing a search on the net
                        That's awesome.

Since he lives out of state, I would consider bumping the price a bit just because of the hassle of collection, communication, etc.

A couple of things to consider.

1) Do you trust him enough to get paid after the work is done? He might be willing to pay beforehand.

2) I would be reluctant to take an out of state check. Request he pay via money order. Better yet, have him pay you through Paypal.

If your time estimates are correct then I would say your charges are right. Cleanups and leaves are really easy to underestimate though. What looks like a 4 hour job can quickly turn into 6 hours.

Get before and after pictures and do a feature article on your website about it. Explain that the guy called you out of state and this is the job you did for him.

Also, once it's done, call your local news paper. They probably have a business section that would be interested in the power of the web and how it even helps lco's go high tech.

Keith
                        Start a profitable lawn care business.

Comment

Quote[/b] (StartALawnCareBusiness @ Dec. 01 2007,4:38)]
                          Quote[/b] ]Said he found me doing a search on the net
                          That's awesome.

Since he lives out of state, I would consider bumping the price a bit just because of the hassle of collection, communication, etc.

A couple of things to consider.

1) Do you trust him enough to get paid after the work is done? *He might be willing to pay beforehand.

2) I would be reluctant to take an out of state check. *Request he pay via money order. *Better yet, have him pay you through Paypal.

If your time estimates are correct then I would say your charges are right. *Cleanups and leaves are really easy to underestimate though. *What looks like a 4 hour job can quickly turn into 6 hours.

Get before and after pictures and do a feature article on your website about it. *Explain that the guy called you out of state and this is the job you did for him.

Also, once it's done, call your local news paper. *They probably have a business section that would be interested in the power of the web and how it even helps lco's go high tech.

Keith
                          yeah i want the local newspaper to write a article about me and my business, but i dont know how to go about doing that. And of how business has picked up for me since i created a website. Also of how i started and where i am now

Also about getting in/helping with the community, sponsoring car washes and such other things. I want it to where someone is looking for lawn care and my name pops right up in there head. Would like to perticipate in anything that isnt that cost effective

I want to be well known, over power other LCO's here in town,lol

Comment

What if you decorated a local neighbors home? Maybe someone who is having a rough time? A senior citizen?

Do it for free and then send out a press release about it?

Also post pictures of you doing this on your website's news section.

Comment

Quote[/b] (StartALawnCareBusiness @ Dec. 01 2007,4:38)]Do you trust him enough to get paid after the work is done? He might be willing to pay beforehand.
                              i did the fall clean-up for the job above a month or so ago remember and that he lives out of town(New Jersey) and has a house down here in (Alabama). I got paid for clean-up in person cause he was in town.

Cause i dont want to do the job first and then deal with a out of state person not paying after the work is down.

So the next service rolls around, so i call him to ask him if he could send me a check, before i start, so i can make sure i get paid. Cause he is a out of town customer

He said NO i am not paying for something that isnt done.

I told him that i have had this happen in the past, people wanting there lawn done and saying they will pay and they dont......(remember previous post?)

I simple asked him, trying to be nice, so do u want me to go ahead and do it and get back with you. He said NO forget about the whole thing.

Did i do everything right on the communication and trying ot collect payment before work is completed.

is there any letters i can post on the website, to keep from this happening again.

Something like

********LIVE OUT OF STATE, OWN A HOME IN TOWN************
                              If you are currently living out of state and own a home in town. Due to previous customers in the past not paying for service, we have to receive payment first before completing the job, to make sure we receive payment<********- a little worded wrong

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X