No announcement yet.

help with bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well in situations like this, would it be useful to take only credit card payment from out of state customers?

With a credit card payment you can pre-approve their payment without finalizing it until the job is complete.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Jan. 05 2008,4:09)]Well in situations like this, would it be useful to take only credit card payment from out of state customers?

With a credit card payment you can pre-approve their payment without finalizing it until the job is complete.
      that would be kinda hard right,,,, cause now adays people really dont like giving information out like that.

but i do have a application form for that situation. A automatic credit card application on file,,, but i dont think i am to big enough to use it

Comment

Well here is my view.

Customers want convenience. They also want protection.

Quote[/b] ]********LIVE OUT OF STATE, OWN A HOME IN TOWN************
        If you are currently living out of state and own a home in town. Due to previous customers in the past not paying for service, we have to receive payment first before completing the job, to make sure we receive payment<********- a little worded wrong
        I wouldn&#39;t advise any of this because in my view it&#39;s not needed. You want to protect yourself from a customer not paying you after you complete a job and the customer wants to make sure you do the job before they pay you.

In such a situation I feel a credit card payment would resolve it. You could have a policy where out of state customers have to pay by credit card, but I wouldn&#39;t put this on your website. I would just explain it when an out of state customer calls.

Your website should be a funnel that pulls customers in. You don&#39;t want anything that says keep out or stay away. Or anything that says it&#39;s going to be difficult to complete a business transaction.

Quote[/b] ]but i do have a application form for that situation. A automatic credit card application on file,,, but i dont think i am to big enough to use it
        Would you like to accept credit card payments? Tim had posted a contact that could get you started.

What is you view of what&#39;s stopping this from happening?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Hey Matt, remember, you can use PayPal, too...

I had a customer that had a house in my town, but they live in Alabama... Selling the house here in GA... I did some work for them.... they paid me 50% upfront via PayPal before I started the job. It&#39;s always a thought if you&#39;re still a little unsure about accepting credit cards. With PayPal, they can use their credit card or their bank account. You never see their information... only their Name and Address... no credit card numbers or checking account numbers.

Comment

Patrick,

Did you have them fax a signed agreement with you? Or did you fax them a bid? How did that work so they knew exactly what you were going to do and the price?

Comment

This was actually before we had a contract..... or a fax machine... they found us via the internet... called me, told me what they wanted, and I went to the property... I met with the neighbors (who&#39;d been instructed to walk me through what they wanted). I called the customer back and gave them a rundown of prices with the items they wanted done. They agreed and made partial payment. When I was finished, the neighbor gave me her approval and called the customer to let them know how good a job we did. The customer then made a second prompt payment, and we were finished.

In the future, however, they WILL be asked to sign a contract, that way, if for some reason they decide not to pay the other half, we can put a lein on their house until payment is made.... then the house can&#39;t be sold until we remove the lein.

Comment

do u have to have a contract with a customer to put a lein on a home to get your money, cause i have 1 or 2 that still havent paid me for the service i have done, i call him and call him and he never answers or should i go to collections. He usually pays me cash money

Comment

If you don&#39;t have a contract outlining the services agreed upon and the price for said services also agreed upon, then to my knowledge, you have no grounds to take any action. It&#39;s your word against theirs.

Comment

Quote[/b] ]In the future, however, they WILL be asked to sign a contract, that way, if for some reason they decide not to pay the other half, we can put a lein on their house until payment is made.... then the house can&#39;t be sold until we remove the lein.
                    In the future would you fax a contract or how would you suggest this be done?

Comment

Well, I think it would probably be best when you&#39;re working with an out of state customer to overnight it to them, have them sign it in front of a Notary Public, then overnight it back to you. That way it&#39;s all legal. There would be no arguing. They should also initial each page and have the NP notarize them, too. Never can be too careful.

If you&#39;re dealing with someone you can talk with face-to-face, just a standard "I sign, you sign" should suffice. Just make sure you give them a copy and you keep a copy. That way, you both have the SAME thing with BOTH your signature and their&#39;s on it. I would also recommend printing the contract in black ink and signing it in blue. That way, they can&#39;t change anything on you (nor you on them).

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X