A.P.L.S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.P.L.S

A.P.L.S Anyone remember that bid? Two stores and drainage pounds?

Anyone remember that bid? Well I want to tell you a story about this whole thing. The so called lawn care owner, Called me ask me to come give him a bid on some sub work for him. ( now remember I helped him bid the job here on the forum. I know what he is getting paid.) Anyway I went down there look at the property.

When I got there it was messy. Had not been cleaned up in a while and needed mowing. I told him I would mow it for 600.00 a month. He bid the for 1,600 a month. ( Job requires come there 3 night a week empty the trash cans make sure all paper is cleanup in the parking lot. ( all I have to do is just mow. He would do everything else.

He stated to me he only wanted to pay 500.00 Well I needed the work at the time so I agreed. ( I just moved here to Orlando Area. I found out he does not even own a mower edger weedeater or anything. he has never done lawn care. I also found out he found the job on craigs list. and came here get help with bidding. he told me that the owner had alot side work for him to do once that was done he was going to drop him. He did not want the mowing or maintain the parking lot. ( just wanted the quick money for the side work.)

So the next day he calls me tells me that he called the owner told him he wanted another 500.00 a month to do the job. ( he was trying to cover my 500.00)

I felt that was shady of him so I did not want to start mowing this get messed up with his guy not get paid. So I also know for a fact you dont go change your price once you agree to a price. I knew right then the owner was going to be looking for someone else to replace this guy. So I got the owners phone number called him and got the job.

Do you think that was wrong of me ?

I dont think it was wrong. Business is business.
    Northern California

Comment

Rodman, I think you did the right thing. I know that if I were in that same position, I would have done the exact same thing.

Comment

Quote[/b] (pmblair @ Dec. 31 2007,12:49)]Rodman, I think you did the right thing. I know that if I were in that same position, I would have done the exact same thing.
        well at first I did not tell the owner I knew him. I just called see if he was looking for any lawn care service for his property. he stated he was cause he was not happy with his current lawn care company. ( refering to A.P.L.S) But after all was said and done I told him the whole story. It was eating at me about the whole deal. I do know for fact the owners vendors are VERY pleased with my work for cleaning up the property and maintaining it. Reason I know the vendors come out give me drinks and invite me to eat dinner for free. Anyway when you do a job you do 100% right or dont do it at all.

Comment

Great story, Rodman! Congrats on getting the job, and kudos to you for the excellent service!

Comment

Very good job Rodman, what you have done may have saved the industry from a black-eye. Congrads on landing a good account.

Comment

Did the initial company have a contract to service the property?

We can learn a lot when deals go well as well as when they go bad.

What do you think could be learned from this situation? How could it have been handled differently?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Quote[/b] ]Do you think that was wrong of me ?
                Why would it be. He wasn't even a real lco right? They weren't happy with the service. Now they are.
                Whats wrong with that?

You can't expect a place to wnat to keep you around when your doing a bad job. He wasn't even straight forward anyways
                Rob
                Green Image Lawn & Landscape

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"

Comment

Quote[/b] (FourSeasons @ Dec. 31 2007,2:36)]
                  Quote[/b] ]Do you think that was wrong of me ?
                  Why would it be. He wasn't even a real lco right? They weren't happy with the service. Now they are.
                  Whats wrong with that?

You can't expect a place to wnat to keep you around when your doing a bad job. He wasn't even straight forward anyways
                  No the guy did not have a contract. And no he was not even a REAL LCO. I do have a contract with the guy I sent him copy of my ins license. What you can learn from this is to be honest and straight forward with who ever you do business with. NOW I have meeting with Sams Whole Sale club to do there store as well on wed. They are right beside the same store I am doing now. I do know they are not happy with there current service also. If i land that job I will have over 3,600 month from those two stores being right beside each other. Also with Sams There are possible for more contracts for other stores here local.

Comment

Absolutely awesome, Rodman!!! Sounds like Orlando is treating you right!!

Comment

Quote[/b] (pmblair @ Jan. 01 2008,1:28)]Absolutely awesome, Rodman!!! Sounds like Orlando is treating you right!!
                      Yea I should have moved up year last year when my dad ask me. I would have a year under my belt be settled and establish,

Comment

Working...
                      X