another apartment bid open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another apartment bid open

here is a apartment complex that is accepting bids for the 2008 season. They said i could come by and someone will walk the complex with telling me what they want. I havent been there yet, going here soon

the brown that u see(looks like dirt) is actually grass, just the way google brings it up in my area

not sure on how many times a month on mowing yet

any ideas on pricing- i got $561 a cut, i think that is wrong,lol

i'm going to use keiths lawn care software to help me out to see what i come up with.

i am calling around to businesses in the phone book, going down the list,lol

Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Dec. 19 2007,2:47)]here is a apartment complex that is accepting bids for the 2008 season. They said i could come by and someone will walk the complex with telling me what they want. I havent been there yet, going here soon

the brown that u see(looks like dirt) is actually grass, just the way google brings it up in my area

not sure on how many times a month on mowing yet

any ideas on pricing- i got $561 a cut, i think that is wrong,lol

i'm going to use keiths lawn care software to help me out to see what i come up with.

i am calling around to businesses in the phone book, going down the list,lol
    wow all these views and no one is replying

Comment

Hi Matt,

Please send me a email or message with the address and I will gooogle earth it myself so I can get a better look at it and then I'll run it through the estimator sofware for you and maybe give you a little heads up on what others would charge.

Also don't be afraid to ask the manager or whom ever does the walk though with you; How much are you currently being charged and do you have a budgit set for these services. This question could just be the key question.

Good Luck
      Tim

Comment

Yeah, what Tim said, I've gotten more information about what they pay, what they wanna pay and so forth, just by asking those 2 questions.

ANDY

Comment

Quote[/b] (realhuntin @ Dec. 19 2007,7:02)]Hi Matt,

Please send me a email or message with the address and I will gooogle earth it myself so I can get a better look at it and then I'll run it through the estimator sofware for you and maybe give you a little heads up on what others would charge.

Also don't be afraid to ask the manager or whom ever does the walk though with you; How much are you currently being charged and do you have a budgit set for these services. This question could just be the key question.

Good Luck
          Tim
          3055 flynn rd dothan al 36303

there is 2 othere apartment complexs up for bid to, proably be going to those tomorrow
          here are the other 2 address, if u want to look at these also

2233 westgate parkway dothan al 36303
          103 sweetwater dr dothan al 36303

Comment

Matt here is what I came up with;

Approx 7 acres of open mowing

3050 Ln ft of Walks to trim (3050 reflect center line of walks).

3480 Ln ft of Building to trim (3480 reflect total around 6 buildings).

5650 Ln ft of Parking lot & walkways to blow off (5650 reflects center line of parking lot and walks totaled).

I came up with $875 per cutting, $130 per trimming and $145 per blowing. This is for WEEKLY service. Total contract amount $53,716.00 with 11 equal payments of $4,476.33 and 1 payment of $4,476.37

Make sure you put a 10 day past due % in the contract and on all invoice.

Good Luck with this I hope you get it. If you think you need to aulter the pricing go for it but this is what I would bid it for.

My rate is $125 per acre and $65 per man hour. This job would take the biggest part of a day to complete with a 2 man crew.

Good Luck!
            Tim

Comment

Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Dec. 19 2007,7:39)]
              Quote[/b] (realhuntin @ Dec. 19 2007,7:02)]Hi Matt,

Good Luck
              Tim
              3055 flynn rd dothan al 36303

there is 2 othere apartment complexs up for bid to, proably be going to those tomorrow
              here are the other 2 address, if u want to look at these also

2233 westgate parkway dothan al 36303
              103 sweetwater dr dothan al 36303
              Hi Matt 1:00 AM 12/20/2007

2233 Westgate

7.421 acres @ $125 = $926.25 per cut

+ Trimming $165

+ Blowing $185

Total $1,276.25 per cut & trim

103 Sweetwater

12.5 acres @ $125 = $1,562.50 per cut

+ Trimming $165

+ Blowing $185

Total $1,912.50 per cut & trim

Let me know what the difference is from what you came up with on these please.

Thanks and Good Luck!
              Tim

Comment

I have a quick off topic question. How can I find out who is accepting bids for 2008 in my area.

Like how do you know what apt complex is accepting bids.

Comment

Quote[/b] (SerranoLandscaping @ Dec. 21 2007,12:37)]I have a quick off topic question. How can I find out who is accepting bids for 2008 in my area.

go down the phone book and ask

that is what i am doing

Comment

Quote[/b] (SerranoLandscaping @ Dec. 21 2007,12:37)]I have a quick off topic question. How can I find out who is accepting bids for 2008 in my area.

Only send letter out or calls to the ones you want dont just acll everyone and anyone.

there is a letter I sent in that you can down load and edit to fit your company. It is in the contracts and letters section of the forum.it is called "LETTER TO A BUSINESS" all it says is that your requesting to be put on their bidders list and giving them some info on your companay.

GOOD LUCK
                    TIM

Comment

Pete,

Check out the letter Tim allowed us to add to the free customer letter section here

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum....;t=1541

Let us know if this helps.
                      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Keep in mind, too, that the higher your website is ranked for your area, the more RFB (requests for bids) you'll get without even trying. *I've gotten three calls today from companies wanting bids. *All three said they found us through a Google search.

If you need help with a website or SEO, there are plenty of us out here who do this on the side. *Me being one of those people. *Don't hesitate to email me!

Comment

Quote[/b] ]Keep in mind, too, that the higher your website is ranked for your area, the more RFB (requests for bids) you'll get without even trying. I've gotten three calls today from companies wanting bids. All three said they found us through a Google search.
                          Were these calls from your own website or through a bidding site?
                          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Quote[/b] ]Also don't be afraid to ask the manager or whom ever does the walk though with you; How much are you currently being charged and do you have a budgit set for these services. This question could just be the key questi
                            Isn't this kind of unprofessional? Make it sound like you don't know what your doing?
                            Rob
                            Green Image Lawn & Landscape

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"

Comment

Quote[/b] (FourSeasons @ Dec. 21 2007,11:07)]
                              Isn't this kind of unprofessional? Make it sound like you don't know what your doing?[/QUOTE]
                              No not at all Rob, This will tell the customer you are willing to work with them and also allows you to get a feel for their budgit so you don't go there with some crazy high bid. And it will tell you if you want to persue bidding maybe if you know where the budgit is then you wont be waisting time bidding something that you now know wouldnt be able to beat and you can just tell them right then they have the best deal and you don't think you can match or beat the price they have. They will apperciate it more. You would know right off if you could beat it or not, by your per acre rate. this will cut down on alot of wasited time on both parties.

Comment

Working...
                              X