help with bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with bid

u probaly wont be able to see the pic all that good. The house is on a pastor and they only want up against the house serviced. There is a fence that separtes the yard and pastor.

There is a fence close to the house all the way around. She wants everything down from mowing to pulling weeds out of beds.

year around service.

about 15 miles from the nearest customer, lives out in the county owns 105 acres,lol

they found me in the local newspaper

So any idea?

well the way i bid all of my contract customers, what would you charge to cut the place then multiply that number by 35. thats how many cut you have in a year, then divide by 12 months, same thing for shrubs, but with shrubs think how many hours it would take, for instance if i takes 3 hours thats 150@ 50/hour, multiply that number by 4 time threw out the year, then divide by 12 months.with planted islands use your best judgement think about how many gallons of round up you would use. now are things like fertilizing included and stuff let me no i can figure out the price for you if you tell me how much for everything.

Comment

Hi Matt,

Good Luck with this one, because you can make some good money on it. Here is my 2 cents worth. IF it were me. I would bid like this. Note; X= Multipler

# of weekly seasonal cuts & trims X your rate = ?

# of Bi-weekly weeding of plant areas X your rate = ?
      (After you have weeds under control this will only take a few min to go over the plant areas as your trimming each week. knock 2 birds out with 1 stone)

# of Bi-monthly weed control applications X your rate = ?
      (use demention, not preen, pull larger weeds and spray smaller with killz-all)

# of sq yds of mulch requied for plant areas X $40 per sq yd
      (this covers materals and labor for my area so $40 is only example for mulch application).

# of times purning occures X your rate = ?

# of times hedge trimming occures X your rate = ?

Add surcharge $? for the down time/travel.
      (ex. 1 hour @ your rate for each trip there [30 min to & 30 min back]).

Total all services provided for the season x 30% deposit, divide balance by 12 = 12 equal payment and you can put a writer in your contract that all additional/extra work will be billed as extra work and executed upon signed extra work order and *added to that months billing. Also you might think of writing in a EARLY CANCELATION clause and fee.

Hope this helps some, Good luck and let me know how it works out for you.
      Tim

PS Try this Estimating Doc it helps me keep track of what to bid and services to bid.

Comment

Here is a screen capture of the estimate form TIm posted. Thank you Tim.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I think I am going to stay out this one!

Comment

Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Dec. 10 2007,9:49)]I think I am going to stay out this one! *
            what no comment?

Comment

I will say that that's a nice bid form. = )

Comment

Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Dec. 10 2007,10:23)]u probaly wont be able to see the pic all that good. The house is on a pastor and they only want up against the house serviced. There is a fence that separtes the yard and pastor.

There is a fence close to the house all the way around. She wants everything down from mowing to pulling weeds out of beds.

year around service.

about 15 miles from the nearest customer, lives out in the county owns 105 acres,lol

So any idea?
                went to house in the pic today

(very small yard) around home due to pastor

sides of home (2-3 stripes)

front (3 stripes)

back (3 stripes)

^could be done with push mower- wants bi-weekly

9 flower beds each about 3 feet long- wants weeds out(when need)

15 bushes about knee high- to trim (2-3 times a year)

any opinions

wants price on everything, but seperated

i have to call them back 2 night

Comment

Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Dec. 12 2007,5:24)]
                  Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Dec. 10 2007,10:23)]u probaly wont be able to see the pic all that good. The house is on a pastor and they only want up against the house serviced. There is a fence that separtes the yard and pastor.

year around service.

So any idea?

front (3 stripes)

back (3 stripes)

any opinions

I would say $45-$50 for the cut/trim only because it is out of the way
                  $65 min for each hedge trim
                  add $10 for biweekly weeding

if this is all she wants

Good Luck!
                  Tim

Comment

Quote[/b] (realhuntin @ Dec. 12 2007,7:21)]
                    Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Dec. 12 2007,5:24)]

year around service.

So any idea?

front (3 stripes)

back (3 stripes)

any opinions

I would say $45-$50 for the cut/trim only because it is out of the way
                    $65 min for each hedge trim
                    add $10 for biweekly weeding

if this is all she wants

Good Luck!
                    Tim
                    i called and turned the job down, its actually to far, for that little yard, and the work. the only thing i will be getting out of it is fuel for the truck, truck burns a 3/4 tank getting there and getting back to town

Comment

Was there any chance they would have paid an extra fee for windshield time to get you out there and back or no?
                      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 12 2007,10:40)]Was there any chance they would have paid an extra fee for windshield time to get you out there and back or no?
                        no, she was pretty short with me on the phone when i told her it was to far and i couldn't do it. but she was nice about everything

Comment

Well this was probably the best way to handle it

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 12 2007,11:04)]Well this was probably the best way to handle it
                            yeah i didn't want to leave her hanging. If i did leave her hanging it would probaly hit me in the back some how down the road. So i did the call as part of my job, and keeping everything good on my side,lol

u know u dont do something, and it bites u in the bum some how some way, it will come back and haunt you,lol

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X