Small job - About 6 hours of work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small job - About 6 hours of work

I recently did a job for a client who I had an agreement with to make a website in return for me to clean up his yard. Well it has been 2 months now and still no website. We have been in constant contact, and the site gets prolonged each day. He has finally told me to send him a bill and he will continue to try and get the site up.
    I completed my end of the deal two days after we made our agreement. The job consisted of trimming up severely overgrown hedges/ bushes, and cutting down 15' - 18' weeds, thorn bushes and a lot of other mess. Total work for the job took about 6 hours.
    So how much do I charge? I figured $1 a minute for work but wanted to get other opions before I send the invoice.

Thank you for your input.

Quote[/b] ] I figured $1 a minute
    Thats what I base my quotes off of when I'm figuring out a total price for a quote.
    Others might not agree but it works good for me.
    Rob
    Green Image Lawn & Landscape

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"

Comment

Quote[/b] (badfish23 @ Nov. 12 2007,1:04)]I recently did a job for a client who I had an agreement with to make a website in return for me to clean up his yard. Well it has been 2 months now and still no website. We have been in constant contact, and the site gets prolonged each day. He has finally told me to send him a bill and he will continue to try and get the site up.
      I completed my end of the deal two days after we made our agreement. The job consisted of trimming up severely overgrown hedges/ bushes, and cutting down 15' - 18' weeds, thorn bushes and a lot of other mess. Total work for the job took about 6 hours.
      So how much do I charge? I figured $1 a minute for work but wanted to get other opions before I send the invoice.

Thank you for your input.
      send him a bill for 250.00 go to WE Build Lawn Care Websites and get your site built

Comment

[QUOTE]send him a bill for 250.00 go to WE Build Lawn Care Websites and get your site built

[QUOTE]
        Thats a good one!lol I like that
        Rob

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"

Comment

Don't you think that the work I did was worth more then $250?

What's the going rate to have a website built?

I would like to know, I figure that is expecting the work I did to be equal to that.

Comment

Why not just go for $360.00?

6 hours x $60 an hour

Then maybe if you send the bill, he will decide to get on this and get it done?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Quote[/b] ]Why not just go for $360.00?
              I agree and then have Rodman build your site for $250 and keep the change.
              The guy you did work for who keeps putting you off is going to the same when you need help with your site.
              I'm having Rodman build me a site.
              Rob

Comment

I think I will charge $360. I believe once he gets the bill, he will finish the site asap.

Thank you all for the input.

Comment

Keep us posted on how everything goes.
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I agree... $360... then Rodman will do your website for $250 and get you to the top of Google... and I'll do your logo for $50... You'll be getting tons of hits on your site before this guy could even get your site up.

Comment

I dont know rodman but i would charge the 360.00. I always do bid work I average $100-125.00 per hour if i told a customer that is what i get per hour they wouldnt give me the job.. If the ask how long it will take I say as long as it takes does the price seem fair to you? I can just look at some thing and say yup 2 hours plus disposal . That will be $250.00

Comment

This is another example of the more great minds to express themselves on here the better for all of us

Comment

Quote[/b] ]I always do bid work I average $100-125.00 per hour if i told a customer that is what i get per hour they wouldnt give me the job
                          Of course they wouldn't. If you told him a per hour rate I think people think about what they make at their own job think its outrageous. They don't realize that there is costs to running a business and that $100/hr doesn't go in doesn't go in your pocket. A good part of it should though.
                          Wow $100-125/hr bidding off of thats some good $$$$.

Is that you by yourself or do you have an employee?
                          Rob

Comment

Isn't it a good idea to have contracts for One-Time Projects just to protect yourself, i've seen too many instances where the customer wasn't happy, like "You trimmed too much" and I'm not paying for that. I always make the customer show me where they want something cut, just to save me, but I also do think its a good idea to have these special projects in writing. Any good templates for a 1 time project contract?

Comment

I think another reason to have even one time contracts is so that customers can't constantly ask you to do this over here and that over there. After a while that starts to add up time.
                              That way you can state plainly when they sign it that the only work to be performed is stated in the agreement.
                              Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X