Never had a chance at something this big

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never had a chance at something this big

OK guys I need some help. I have been asked to bid this development. It is all rentals, they need mowing, weedeating,edging and blowing. This section is old military housing that was givin back to the town then sold off. I have no idea what they are paying the people that do it now and apparently they are not doing their job right. The owner found me on craigslist.

I want to see this one for my self
    can you tell me address
    so I can go look

Comment

just type in the one listed on the pic
      1425 Hagertt St Jacksonville, NC 28540

Comment

I circled the school too but it is not supposto be

Comment

can u redo it for me ? So I can see excalty what your talking about.

Comment

Congrats on a potentially great job. I would guess that you could charge 10,000 per month, give or take a thousand or two. Good luck.
            Northern California

Comment

How would you break down such a large job? How many staff members would be needed for such a job?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

How would you break down such a large job? How many staff members would be needed for such a job?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Ok I will ad my 2 cents!

I see a problem right off. One are you Financially stable enough to buy about 7 more mowers? Ready to hire about 10 to 12 more employs? Do you have the capital to operate for 30 to 60 days before you get paid? Some commercial accounts do not pay for 30 to 60 days. The size of this job is for very large company. This is not a job for the average LCO. Do not take me wrong. If you have all the above, then go for it. That much of mowing will require all of your resources for the whole week. Will not leave much time for any other work. Do you know how much time it would take to just weed eat and edge all of that? In the grow season you will have to be there 7 days week just to keep it all up. They amount of money involed in this just to get started to mow it. They decied to can you after few months. ( most contracts have a clause they can OPT OUT ) Then you are screwed with all this equipment and staff you will have.

Just my thoughts. Remember You Asked!
                  MY ADVISE PASS ON THIS ONE!!!!!!!
                  Rodman
                  PNP

Comment

I am not sure I would pass on this one. Opportunities like this don't come very often. Take a risk and go for it (or Gopher it&#33 You will never know if it is something that may make you a lot of money, or not. Say you pass, you will always wonder "what if I bidded and got that huge job?" But if you go for it, then at least you could say "it worked out awesome" or "it didn't work out, but I tried". The richest people are rich because they took those risks!
                    Northern California

Comment

I am going over tomorrow and I am going to walk the place. Rodman I think you just may be right on this one. I would maybe talk to them about just the section behind the school???

Comment

another section

Comment

last section

Comment

This is really an interesting point to discuss. Just to share my thoughts on it, I have seen many new businesses over expand too early and crash.

I prefer the slow and steady wins the race viewpoint. It's more stable. It allows you to make course corrections as you go.

You don't want one client you need to scale up for too fast because if they pull out, you could collapse. I don't think you should ever have one client that can make or break your business. It's better to spread the risk out to more clients than fewer.

You don't want to go into debt to buy equipment and have to rely on one client to pay it off. Because if they pull out, you will still need to pay this equipment off.

I haven't seen Troy on here lately, but if he were here, he would tell you how he got into debt buying equipment that took him over 5 years to finally pay off. For work that never materialized.

Please share with us your thoughts on this?

Comment

Quote[/b] (Little's @ Oct. 25 2007,11:58)]I am not sure I would pass on this one. Opportunities like this don't come very often. Take a risk and go for it (or Gopher it&#33 You will never know if it is something that may make you a lot of money, or not. Say you pass, you will always wonder "what if I bidded and got that huge job?" But if you go for it, then at least you could say "it worked out awesome" or "it didn't work out, but I tried". The richest people are rich because they took those risks!
                              You mean "it didn't work out, I go BANKRUPT. Hey little, Do you have any understanding what it would take to CUT this much ? I mean any ideal at all? She will have to go invest right off the bat at lest $25,000 in equipment, Then have Capital to hire full times employee for least 30 to 60 days. Depends on how they pay. You just looking at BIG place to mow not looking at the financial aspect of this whole operation? what happens if these people dont pay, miss payments? Now she said they looking for new LCO cause other company not doing there job well. I always say there is 2 sides to every story. Maybe there not paying , Who knows , Im sure every client you have ever had always paid you ontime.

Comment

Working...
                              X