Never had a chance at something this big

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 26 2007,9:06)]Keith great post,

Quote[/b] ]First off, you are completely within your rights to demand credit checks and a DNB on the company. *Have you ever bid jobs where you have to deposit a surety bond? *I've had plenty of bids where I had to bring 25% of the first year's expected receipts in the form of a cashier's check to the bid opening. * If I had quit the contract they would have kept the surety bond. *It takes guts to bid contracts like that but that's where the serious money is.

You can make your own rules before you bid. *Ask THEM (similar to Little's advice) to post a surety bond into an escrow account. *IF the company goes bankrupt, you have a buffer of money due you. *BUT, they won't go bankrupt because you are going to do hard credit checks before you bid.
    Can you explain more of what you would be searching for in your credit check. Where would you go to do this and what you would be looking for? Do you need permission from them to do such a search?
    I have set my own rules. I am the one that wanted paid a month in advance. Just not sure what that should be. Also what would I look for in a credit check and how? The property manager did tell me that I could recommend other small lawn companies to her and she'd be sure they got paid up front ect as well. I think this will be my secret for a bit.

Comment

Can I ask you, will you be hiring full time employs or part time? Meaning just help you on that job only or weekly ?

Comment

Already have them in waiting for just that job for now

Comment

how many do you have? how many hours a day how many week ? how much per hour? per person?

Comment

3 people 2 days a week at 9 per hour. 8-9 hours a day. 2 to weedeat and 1 to mow with me. Ball park is 1000. per month for help.

Comment

Quote[/b] (moseley creek @ Oct. 27 2007,11:51)]3 people 2 days a week at 9 per hour. 8-9 hours a day. 2 to weedeat and 1 to mow with me. Ball park is 1000. per month for help.
              3 people at $8.00 hour. x 9 = $216.00 dollars a day. x that by 8 days cause you said 2 days a week. $1,728.00 Dollars. Now that is a bit from your $1,000.00. Now for that job. I think 4 people can cut it just fine. Now looking at it I think it can be cut in one day. I think I would charge 780.00 per cut. Its really not that big. NOW we are talking about PART 3 ONLY!

Comment

Yes part 3 only. My guess was pretty close. I was thinking $1000. Per month. I was just not sure if it is a norm to up your pricing a bit for "commericial" property or not. I am saying 2 days till we get in there with a routine going. I am pretty sure after a few times it can be done in one day.

Comment

Quote[/b] (moseley creek @ Oct. 27 2007,12:28)]Yes part 3 only. My guess was pretty close. I was thinking $1000. Per month.
                  I would not cut it for 1000 per month. I said 780.00 per cut. NOT month. You would lose money if you charge only 1000 a month.

Comment

Sorry I ment per cut. There are like 91 or so buildings in part 3. 1000 per cut sounds fair to me.

Comment

Quote[/b] (moseley creek @ Oct. 27 2007,1:09)]Sorry I ment per cut. There are like 91 or so buildings in part 3. 1000 per cut sounds fair to me.
                      GO FOR IT !!!! let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Remember, when hiring employees, your obligations do not end with their paychecks. There are taxes and workman's comp. to think about.

Keith
                        Start a profitable lawn care business.

Comment

Keith I agree 100% with you. Might not be profitable for her.

Comment

Do you have any rough estimates how much more she would have to add to the bid to cover that?
                            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 27 2007,9:39)]Do you have any rough estimates how much more she would have to add to the bid to cover that?
                              Depends on her workmans comp in her state .

Comment

do all the houses have the same size area. Figure one house x the number it will give you both a time idea and money made. I might go as far as asking one of the home owners if you could mow their yard for free so you could get a better idea for time. Yeah you would lose a little but better than losing alot. You dont want to get every job only the ones you will make money on.

Comment

Working...
                                X