Quarter Acre Woodland Link

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarter Acre Woodland Link

I am bidding a job that is on a lot just over a quarter of an acre. The lot is currently an overgrown wooded area to the side of the client's house. The client planted most of the trees himself...pretty great collection of about 12 different mature oaks and many other Texas native shade and understory trees. The lot is flat and has good drainage but getting around in it is a little tricky because there are not yet clear paths.

Paths are one main aspect of this job. He wants about 1000 sq ft of paths cleared and established in large river rock with large limestone boulders placed sporadically along the way.

He also wants about 1,500 square feet of native perennial beds.

The irrigation will be hired out so I don't need to worry about bidding it.

There are many, many details I didn't include here but maybe this is enough information to get some ideas from you all??? But please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to our forum!

Are you removing these trees? Can you tell us a little more about what needs to be done?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

For making the paths, you definitely need to mechanize yourself. I would look at using a Dingo with a Harley Rake to cut the paths in, and then use the bucket for spreading the material and hauling around the boulders. Depending on what perennials you are planting, you might even be able to get a rototil attachment for the Dingo, and rototil the areas where they are going, and then be able to just use your hands to move the dirt out of the way, place the plant in, and cover the ball with dirt. This way you aren't digging every single hole.

Break the project into smaller pieces to figure out your price. How long will it take to cut in a 10 section of path? Then multiply it by the length you need for the whole project. How long to spread the rock for 10ft, then multiply it out. How long to place 10 boulders, then multiply it out. Etc.

Add everything up to see how long it will take. Add 10% as a safety net. Multiply it by your hourly rate.

Then add in your materials, overhead (rentals, gas, taxes, insurance, etc.), and delivery fees.

Comment

Thank you

Great advice. Thanks very much!

Comment

Keep us posted n the updates from this bid/job.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X